Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Black Outside door /window trim losing colour

pezz

I have a 2020 Corolla Excell with the same door trim fading fault declined under warranty, this started to happen when car was only 6 months old Dealer rekons it's a car cleaning product I've used! I only use AutoGlym. Been onto Toyota GB but no joy

On 10/20/2022 at 7:01 PM, 50p said:

well, good news! The dealer has agreed to change my faded window rubbers / scrapers and the damaged rubbers on the pan roof under warranty.

Bad news, they have never taken a pan roof out before!

Parts have been ordered and it's booked in for 10th Nov.

Was it Hills of Woodford that changed the rubbers?

11 hours ago, MCJ said:

Was it Hills of Woodford that changed the rubbers?

No, Steven Eagell Rayleigh Essex

11 hours ago, MCJ said:

I have a 2020 Corolla Excell with the same door trim fading fault declined under warranty, this started to happen when car was only 6 months old Dealer rekons it's a car cleaning product I've used! I only use AutoGlym. Been onto Toyota GB but no joy

I had three discolored ones but the forth was ok. Was handy as I said I wash them all with the same products!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 50p said:

I had three discolored ones but the forth was ok. Was handy as I said I wash them all with the same products!

was handy Hills of Woodford quoted me £600 to replace if I wanted to pay ERGH NO!

• Sad 1

On 1/17/2023 at 10:15 AM, MCJ said:

Mine were replaced by John Roe in Grimsby with no fuss whatsoever, which I was surprised at if I'm honest.

On 1/18/2023 at 7:46 PM, MCJ said:

was handy Hills of Woodford quoted me £600 to replace if I wanted to pay ERGH NO!

These trims likely to polish out with each car wash. Make sure you are using correct stuff and quality chemicals. I had discovered that special pre wash Snow Foam that I started using last year has properties to restore old looking rubber and plastic materials. Door weather seals (trims as in your case), mirrors bases, front grills, both front and rear bumper plastic inserts. You may give it a try too and see how it goes. Also some car wax and polish can help too, try first at less visible parts because those can make it worse instead, but worth trying. 
Here is the Snow Foam I use: 

Pro-Kleen pH Neutral Snow Foam Pre-Wash 5L (Apple) https://amzn.eu/d/4AamMcf
Smell nice too. And here some pictures how the car plastics looks, old car immediately turned like new, even after the first wash. 👌
  image.thumb.jpeg.e244c65bc5193d42c5d769da119cdaff.jpeg

6301D37B-97AA-449A-A3A7-7BD4DAA32C0E.jpeg

2630B4E2-E755-4AA2-8D1C-45719C0F21E2.jpeg

4F0AD405-A8A2-4F51-89EF-0B7B24335E87.jpeg

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

These trims likely to polish out with each car wash. Make sure you are using correct stuff and quality chemicals. I had discovered that special pre wash snow foam that I started using last year has properties to restore old looking rubber and plastic materials. Door weather seals (trims as in your case), mirrors bases, front grills, both front and rear bumper plastic inserts. You may give it a try too and see how it goes. Also some car wax and polish can help too, try first at less visible parts because those can make it worse instead, but worth trying. 
Here is the snow foam I use: 

Pro-Kleen pH Neutral Snow Foam Pre-Wash 5L (Apple) https://amzn.eu/d/4AamMcf
Smell nice too. And here some pictures how the car plastics looks, old car immediately turned like new, even after the first wash. 👌
  image.thumb.jpeg.e244c65bc5193d42c5d769da119cdaff.jpeg

6301D37B-97AA-449A-A3A7-7BD4DAA32C0E.jpeg

2630B4E2-E755-4AA2-8D1C-45719C0F21E2.jpeg

4F0AD405-A8A2-4F51-89EF-0B7B24335E87.jpeg

As always Tony, a beautifully presented car.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, davidif said:

As always Tony, a beautifully presented car.

Thank you David 👍

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all for this thread, after reading I took photos of both mine and my wifes Corollas. Then went down to the local dealer and took photos of all the Corollas on the forecourt with trims going silver/grey.

I put it all in an email with the photos attached in a PDF document, Toyota have just agreed to replace all the trims under warranty for me as the cars are under 3 years old, Happy days.

• Like 1

I just went in and had a moan, pointed it out to the service guy. The rear number plate was delaminating too from being overtightened at the supplying dealer. They changed that too.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links