Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Hybrid 2013 electrics

4Tapbuster

Is there an easy access point  in the main fuse box where I can tap into a 12volt 100ma supply that is LIVE, when ignition is OFF?

I wish to fit an ultra sonic rodent deterrent as the **** have invaded the glove box  ( 3rd time, £1000 total damage )

Joys of countryside / rural living.

Is there enough space in the fuse box to fit a jumper fuse?

The lid of the internal fusebox is too low (Or I'd have used a piggy back there for my Dashcam power) but the engine bay one might be okay...

If so, you can check the manual and see what fuse would be suitable to tap, and use a piggypack fuse with that?

Good luck deterring those rodents - My colleague has some nightmare stories, one involving a squirrel that got trapped in the engine bay and was roasted... :sick:

If you need a permanent 12v feed you could always run straight off the Battery. Provided the draw of the deterrent isn’t too heavy and you use the car regularly, the Battery should cope.

Sadly the 12v Battery in most hybrids is inside the car (I assume it's under the rear passenger bench in the Mk3), and there's no convenient way to run wires from it to the outside (Assuming that's where he wants the run the sonic deterrent...!)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links