Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

PHEV... OMG another feature I thought I had but don't!

Nick72

Don't get me wrong. Solid engineering in the main.  Industrial grade. Functional. Best drive train in the business. Amazing economy. Blah blah.

But didnt we get a shocking deal even on the top trim compared to North America and large parts of Europe! 

I'll not list the long list of things I'm disappointed about but the new one I just discovered is no kick sensor for opening the PBD! WTH. It's 2021 and a 52k car. Not 2001 and a 22k car when I had a PBD with kick sensor. Holy hell.

Just been through all the MID options and whilst there are PBD options for beepy beep volume and height opening limits there's nothing about kick sensor. I even wondered if it might be interlocked with the unlock before opening boot logic but no joy.

Is this for real? 

• Like 1

Yup, sometimes you think Toyota push their luck a bit with most owners accepting  a very low bar in exchange for their legendary reliability and robustness.

However, it shouldn't have to be that way. Just think of the success they could achieve with offering (and including) features that even Fiesta owners take for granted.............

• Like 2

It’s real Nick, NO kick sensor.  I know we have covered this before but what’s frustrating is that other models in the Toyota line up have some of the features not included in the PHEV.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ernieb said:

It’s real Nick, NO kick sensor.  I know we have covered this before but what’s frustrating is that other models in the Toyota line up have some of the features not included in the PHEV.

Ernie, I swapped the reverse bulbs as per your led recommendations. Not more than a minute swap over. Now thinking I might just swap the trunk light bulb now too but I can't recall where you posted the LED bulb recommendation. Might as well then I've got 2 bright lights. Cheers Ernie.

N

Glad it went Ok with the reversing lights as you say and easy one. I ordered these but I was changing more than the one bulb as they occur in a few places plus I wanted a spare. All the ones I’ve installed work first time, no flickering or errors.  There are plenty of options and you might want to seek out an alternative W5W LED. It’s a bit more fiddly but I think worth it. I used some plastic trim tools which are also pretty good, again plenty of alternatives out there.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B085DMDTPF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08XMD85YR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This sounds so sad but I like the look of the reversing LED’s when they are off and you can see the bulbs, like small yellow eyes, I said it was sad!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ernieb said:

Glad it went Ok with the reversing lights as you say and easy one. I ordered these but I was changing more than the one bulb as they occur in a few places plus I wanted a spare. All the ones I’ve installed work first time, no flickering or errors.  There are plenty of options and you might want to seek out an alternative W5W LED. It’s a bit more fiddly but I think worth it. I used some plastic trim tools which are also pretty good, again plenty of alternatives out there.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B085DMDTPF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08XMD85YR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This sounds so sad but I like the look of the reversing LED’s when they are off and you can see the bulbs, like small yellow eyes, I said it was sad!

Thanks Ernie. Really appreciated. 

I got a set of trim tools. Will be installing a cam soon.

I didn't know you could see them when off. But I haven't looked either tbh!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links