Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

PHEV... I'm running out of things to tweak, set up, and complain about. What should I do?

Nick72

Careful, this is just the thin end of the wedge - Before you know it you'll have a whole pull-out kitchen hooked up to it :laugh: 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Careful, this is just the thin end of the wedge - Before you know it you'll have a whole pull-out kitchen hooked up to it :laugh: 

An R1T is what I really want.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cyker said:

In truth I'd hoped there would be a higher power output and it would be Pure Sine wave so that in the event of a mains power outage I'd connect the fridge freezer to the car supply and be able to run it for a few hours.  The F/F is an inductive load with high surge so needs the Pure SIne wave but a higher output than the car can supply.  The US output would easily cope with the surge and once running the F/F average power is relatively low.

So maybe not the whole kitchen but an important piece of it???

• Like 1

@Nick72, I got the rear internal LED’s today from China, took 10 days against a forecast of 20 so happy with that.  Fitted OK and wow what a difference to the light and obviously these are white light rather than the orange of the OEM. I had to bend the spring contact back as I think I pushed it back getting the original out but it seems perfectly secure. 

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07NJNQCBN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ernieb said:

In truth I'd hoped there would be a higher power output and it would be Pure Sine wave so that in the event of a mains power outage I'd connect the fridge freezer to the car supply and be able to run it for a few hours.  The F/F is an inductive load with high surge so needs the Pure SIne wave but a higher output than the car can supply.  The US output would easily cope with the surge and once running the F/F average power is relatively low.

So maybe not the whole kitchen but an important piece of it???

I've seen Americans powering their house off the car for 24 hours when the power went off. FF, lights, TV, router, phone chargers, etc.

7 hours ago, ernieb said:

@Nick72, I got the rear internal LED’s today from China, took 10 days against a forecast of 20 so happy with that.  Fitted OK and wow what a difference to the light and obviously these are white light rather than the orange of the OEM. I had to bend the spring contact back as I think I pushed it back getting the original out but it seems perfectly secure. 

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07NJNQCBN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks Ernie. I'll take a look. Seem very bright. Looks like a heat sink on the back too.

10 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Thanks Ernie. I'll take a look. Seem very bright. Looks like a heat sink on the back too.

Interestingly I had to use it in anger last night as I'd dropped a key in the rear seat area and needed to retrieve it.  The new light was well, illuminating as compared to the previous bulb which only cast a dull orange glow.  I think some might find it unnecessarily bright but I'd rather have it useable than how it was.  All these things are in the end personal choice.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links