Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The car care nut on the Toyota Corolla

camellia30

Has anyone followed the advice mentioned at 17m50s, unblocking the door drainage holes.

• Like 1

Going to check mine - as soon as it stops raining... 🙂

Mine were all fitted, the car was made Jan 2021.

I removed them as per the instruction (I've also seen the advisory on another forum), there was no water.

Just picked mine up earlier this week. They left out the two door plugs that he says to remove. I also checked the underbody plugs that he mentions in another video on PDI inspections - they were fitted.

• Thanks 1

I couldn't find any plugs although I'm not sure I found any holes either (could just have been welding seams). Hard to be sure until I next get the car out of the garage.

I removed the plugs as recommended in the video and a tiny bit of water came out of the drivers door.  You have to open the doors wide and get on your knees to see them.  

22 minutes ago, Trewithy said:

I removed the plugs as recommended in the video and a tiny bit of water came out of the drivers door.  You have to open the doors wide and get on your knees to see them.  

Ah yes. Just had another look and I can see the rear-most one. No way to get to the rest with the car in the garage though.

These door plugs should be all removed imo, they had been installed by the manufacturer most likely to stop wax coming out while the car been transported to the dealer network., my gf car brand new also been removed and wax was pouring out in the hot summer days., noticed that on the first ever car wash.,  all cars has those. Water goes through the doors and then leaves out, same for the rear lights clusters, drainage via the cluster and when the car gets old 5+ years and collects dirt and debris water finds it’s way into the boot., Auris gen 1 common problem. 👍

22 hours ago, AndrueC said:

Ah yes. Just had another look and I can see the rear-most one. No way to get to the rest with the car in the garage though.

I've removed one from each door. Nothing came out. Reading online Toyota aren't the only manufacturer to fit them. Some people think they are weep plugs and do allow water to come out slowly.

I removed mine also. Just a tiny drop and the car was sitting 4 hours in the rain the day before.

The Car Care Nut is a great channel.

Imho,  they were not ment to be removed but Toyota later found out, that they could became blocked and cause the water to stay in doors.

If they were ment to be removed why not remove all of them ???

I thing the plug  have some hole inside, that allows the water to drain. Will check mine in the evening.

I have checked the Toyota's bulletin and those plugs are dust seals and are supposed to be there, but on some model  they can get blocked and keep the water inside doors. Solution is to remove one plug from each door. If I understood it right Europe models are not affected.

you can find the bulletin here:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10187240-9999.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links