Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

electric door mirrors

ratty oap

I have electric door mirrors on my IQ that open and close by pushing the button on the dashboard.

Is it possible to have this function changed so the mirrors open and close when you start and turn off the car?

Kind regards

Michael

They should be automatic, close the mirror before getting out the car and lock it next time you open the car the mirrors should open

i will double-check the info i have

edit. They don't appear to be automatic just  "retractable"

I have some experience with the mirrors as i upgraded the switch on my yaris to a back lit one, i will have to have a deeper look at the parts and wiring

• Thanks 1

@ratty oap

The IQ shares the mirror switch with a few other cars, the auto folding is done within the switch its self, so should be a case of finding the correct part to swap over, or you could fit an aftermarket mirror module

• Thanks 1

From memory, on my last Auris, if I folded the mirrors turned the ignition off and pressed the mirror folding button again straight away after turning the ignition off, the mirrors would unfold automatically when the ignition was next turned on.

May work for your IQ - please report back after trying this.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

If I fold the mirrors, turn the ignition off and press the mirror folding button again straight away after turning the ignition off, the mirrors unfold automatically when the ignition is next turned on.

May work for your IQ - please report back after trying this.

Hi Mike

Yes. This is exactly what I do on my iQ to get the mirrors to unfold automatically when starting the car

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links