Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Warning Light.

Gordie

I have a 21 plate Yaris Hybrid and tonight there was a warning light came on the display that I didn't recognise. It only stayed on for less that a minute and it was a D with a line through it. I can't remember the colours. Has anyone else seen it and is it serious? Thanks in advance. Gordie.

Perhaps you recognize the one you saw in this picture?

Screenshot_20211009-213640652 (1).jpg

Should be in the owners manual I would have thought.

1 hour ago, Gordie said:

I have a 21 plate Yaris Hybrid and tonight there was a warning light came on the display that I didn't recognise. It only stayed on for less that a minute and it was a D with a line through it. I can't remember the colours. Has anyone else seen it and is it serious? Thanks in advance. Gordie.

Can you elaborate on what you were doing with the car when it happened ??

Would seem it’s not an issue now. No reply from OP.

Original post timed at 7.44pm Saturday, poster has not been on the forum since 8pm Saturday.

On 10/9/2021 at 8:37 PM, einfachGaer said:

Perhaps you recognize the one you saw in this picture?

Screenshot_20211009-213640652 (1).jpg

No it's none of those, i've looked in the manual and online but can't find it.

On 10/9/2021 at 8:56 PM, Catlover said:

Should be in the owners manual I would have thought.

No sign of it there, it hasn't happened since though.

On 10/9/2021 at 9:06 PM, Bernard Foy said:

Can you elaborate on what you were doing with the car when it happened ??

I was just driving down a hill at normal speed in light traffic. Nothing dramatic really.

On 10/11/2021 at 10:16 PM, Starensis said:

Would seem it’s not an issue now. No reply from OP.

Sorry I was working away from home, that's me back now.

On 10/11/2021 at 11:11 PM, Catlover said:

Original post timed at 7.44pm Saturday, poster has not been on the forum since 8pm Saturday.

That's me back now, I was away from home.

On 10/9/2021 at 7:44 PM, Gordie said:

Well I've had some good suugestions on here and I've searched high and low for an answer but I've had to come to the conclusion that I made a mistake and it was some something else that I saw. I was convinced that was it but it only flashed up for a couple of seconds when I was driving so I must have been mistaken. Everything is fine now except I seem to keep losing a bit of pressure on the rear tyres because the warning comes up everytime I start up, yet when I put in more pressure they're already at the recommended 29psi so put in another 1psi and after a few days the warning symbol goes out again for a week or so, it maybe just a glitch but I have a wee compressor so it's not really an issue.

Thanks for all the help before though.

5 minutes ago, Gordie said:

Everything is fine now except I seem to keep losing a bit of pressure on the rear tyres because the warning comes up everytime I start up, yet when I put in more pressure they're already at the recommended 29psi so put in another 1psi and after a few days the warning symbol goes out again for a week or so

Possibly to do with colder temperatures - try taking 3psi out, reset the TPMS, and then inflate back up to 29psi.

3 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Possibly to do with colder temperatures - try taking 3psi out, reset the TPMS, and then inflate back up to 29psi.

Wow! That's a great idea, I'll do that tomorrow, thanks very much. According to the manual it's a bit of a faff having to drive around at 30mph for 20-30 minutes but I can do that.

Thanks again.

8 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

I have a similar issue, right rear tyre loses a pound or two a month. Would this work and why? I'm curious.

Usually TPMS activates the warning light when it detects a loss in pressure of around 20-25%. Sometimes the system activates a warning due to cold temperatures affecting the tyres, and the warning will disappear when the tyres warm up. Resetting the system to a lower pressure lowers the threshold for activating the warning light.

So if the system was previously set to 29psi, the warning light should come on when the system thinks the tyre has gone down to around 22-23psi.

Setting the system at 26psi means the light should come on when the system thinks the tyre has gone down to 19-21psi. If the tyres are inflated back to the normal pressure (29psi), the system shouldn't be affected so much by cold temperatures at the start of a journey.

Only an issue if the TPMS is giving false readings due to temperature variations.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links