Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance Scam?!?!?

Demonic Angel

Got an email in my inbox from a company called A&A Group, it said as follows:

IMPORTANT NOTICE

MOTOR INSURANCE FRAUD

You may recently have been contacted within the last 8 months for a quotation or to purchase motor insurance from a company calling themselves "Chipped Insurance Brokers".

This company is not selling valid motor insurance but is in fact perpetrating credit card fraud. Chipped Insurance Brokers is not a registered company and is neither authorised to quote for, nor sell motor insurance.

If you have been contacted for a quotation or have bought motor insurance from "Chipped Insurance Brokers", please contact us on 0800 091 0601. Alternatively, please reply to this e-mail detailing what dealings you have had with Chipped Insurance Brokers.

The Police have been informed of this fraud and are investigating the matter.

If you have not had any dealings with this company, please disregard this e-mail and accept our apologies for contacting you.

Thank you for your co-operation.

I dunno if its a scam or what (the email I mean!) - does anyone know and if so, obviously dont get insurance from these guys!

Can anyone shed any light, has anyone else been sent this email? I dont know why I have been, I'm with Tesco Insurance!

Don't reply .. delete the mail and just don't trust either company ..

You'll call the number and probably get someone saying something like

oh, you have had dealings, and what credit card number did you give? and the exp date? and the 3 digit code?

Ooh sounds dodgy, I'd delete it too - like you say you are with Tesco so have nothing to worry about :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links