Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen washer issues

Babybear

Some time ago my windscreen washers started only working intermittently.

The wipers move, you can hear the pump but no water; or the water just trickles from the nozzle then the next day they can be working fine.

We went to the garage who fitted a new pump which cost me £180 including labour...then the next week it stopped working again. The garage replaced the pump free of charge and 2 days later it stopped again.

Last week they fitted a genuine part at the cost of an extra £90. Today they've stopped working again.

All the lines and nozzles have been checked and flushed through, everything has been taken off and cleaned. 

I've spoken to the garage and I'm taking it in next week when my service is due but they've said they're not sure what else to do.

Anyone have any ideas??

2 minutes ago, Babybear said:

Anyone have any ideas??

Find another garage.

12 minutes ago, Stivino said:

Find another garage.

+1

If it's killing pumps the issue is with the pipework or check valves, if you follow the pipe work in the engine bay you will find a joint pull this apart and spray the washers if it has good flow it will be in the pipework or jets

looking at the diagram the likely culprit is the T valve under the scuttle that goes to the jets

85321-0d010 Valve sub-assy, washer  - around the £8

Curiously, unknown to me my garage determined the pump was us at its first service and changed it. 

There may be a chance that the stalk is iffy but i would think you would have other issues

Just had the same problem with mine. I reported it when taking the car in for its two year service. They fixed the problem and told me it was a sticking non return valve. Hope that may help.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links