Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Touch up paint.

Carpy63

Morning peeps, ok, ordered and collected my 8b6 for my TSport, wrong colour, my car is a lighter blue, even the code says 8b6, mine is Caribbean blue I have read, anybody else had this problem? 

Could your 20 year old car have faded?
I thought there were meters that can read the paint and then get a mix specially made for the car.

Moved to the Yaris club.

It's a metallic pearl, there will be multiple variations of the colour you also need to take into account 20 years worth of UV and environmental damage

You will need to get it colour matched by a paint shop, they will match it by eye and a match book or they will use a spectrophotometer

ps. the colour name is meaningless

Yep I know about colour fade but this is a lot darker, oh well, will go to the paint shop and see what they say, just thought maybe someone has the same colour Tsport and knew the proper code, thanks anyway 🙂

That is the correct colour code, but there will be multiple formulations on the paint database and each paint manufacturer will have their own formulas and mix ratios

I did a formulation search for Tokyo Red and that has 8 different colours in it, some years ago i had a Vauxhall in a grey pearl mica that thing had 14 variations

Don't forget all the t-sports are Jap built, so that's possibly another reason

A local paint supplier will come out with a cleaning compound and a book of swatches. IIRC there were two shades either side of the original shade available.

5 minutes ago, bathtub tom said:

A local paint supplier will come out with a cleaning compound and a book of swatches. IIRC there were two shades either side of the original shade available.

The paint can also be tinted by eye, i had this done on a previous project

Ok, thank you, crazy really, this is the only car that I have a problem with, even my Celica 190 Tsport matched up ok, I now have dark blue spots on my car, Lolol it has had some spray work carried out in the past with a perfect match, will go down and get the paint shop to have a look, I thought it would be a standard colour to get.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links