Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

service price

ProfGlenn

Hi. I have a 60 reg Auris 1.8 Hybrid - I have just been quite £272 for a service by Inchape - which seems ridiculous. Has anyone got any suggestions please to get the cost down as I suspect the timing chain tensioner will need replacing too and that's not cheap.

Thanks / best

Glenn

You don't mention mileage or if MOT or anything else is required. Not sure timing chain tensioner is a scheduled service item.

Toyota menu pricing (for a 15 reg)is £340 for Major, £190 for interim. So if £272 is a major then its not bad price. Best bet is to go to https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-aftercare/service-mot-maintenance and put in your reg and mileage and it will give you price for appropriate service. Or use the service plan link and it will show you interim and major prices included.

14 minutes ago, trashman1965 said:

You don't mention mileage or if MOT or anything else is required. Not sure timing chain tensioner is a scheduled service item.

Toyota menu pricing (for a 15 reg)is £340 for Major, £190 for interim. So if £272 is a major then its not bad price. Best bet is to go to https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-aftercare/service-mot-maintenance and put in your reg and mileage and it will give you price for appropriate service. Or use the service plan link and it will show you interim and major prices included.

Thanks - mileage is 70,000.  MOT is in January.

You can almost certainly get the price down by going to a garage that is not a main dealer (and that any manufacturer main dealer). If it’s an intermediate service due this should be £190. The wife’s Auris hybrid is a 2010 and was due intermediate this summer but I bought the 0w-20 engine oil for £32 for 5 litres, a genuine Toyota oil filter for £10.50, both off eBay, got the garage round the corner to change these for £20. I checked the air filter and cabin pollen filter myself and they were ok (probably £25 for both if needed). So everything would have been around £90. Do you have the service nook and is it up to date? That would show which service you had last time and how long ago time/mileage. Service is every year or 10k miles whichever comes first. When you have an engine with a timing chain oil and filter changes are critical. For longevity of the engine, oil and filter changes are critical.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 5:53 PM, Catlover said:

You can almost certainly get the price down by going to a garage that is not a main dealer (and that any manufacturer main dealer). If it’s an intermediate service due this should be £190. The wife’s Auris hybrid is a 2010 and was due intermediate this summer but I bought the 0w-20 engine oil for £32 for 5 litres, a genuine Toyota oil filter for £10.50, both off eBay, got the garage round the corner to change these for £20. I checked the air filter and cabin pollen filter myself and they were ok (probably £25 for both if needed). So everything would have been around £90. Do you have the service nook and is it up to date? That would show which service you had last time and how long ago time/mileage. Service is every year or 10k miles whichever comes first. When you have an engine with a timing chain oil and filter changes are critical. For longevity of the engine, oil and filter changes are critical.

Thanks very much indeed.

One thing to bear in mind is what the £272 includes, and which service (intermediate or full) it is.

For example does it include the MOT?

At 11 years old, and presuming it is serviced on the time basis rather than mileage, it should be Intermediate.

On 10/28/2021 at 8:52 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

One thing to bear in mind is what the £272 includes, and which service (intermediate or full) it is.

For example does it include the MOT?

At 11 years old, and presuming it is serviced on the time basis rather than mileage, it should be Intermediate.

Full service.  No MOT not included.  I was expecting new spark plugs too on a full service....

Spark plugs were due at 60,000.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links