Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

blown fuse

laco

Hi all,

I had my last question here regarding fixing alternator on 2nzfe (yaris verso 2005) but forgot login 😀

Today I purchased new rectifier and installed on broken down alternator,thinking that this was main  issue.

As soon as I plugged Battery after installation of "repaired" alternator, Ive blown a fuse not even starting a car. After I started a car and alternator doesnt charge (car starts, dashboard, radio,windows central locking and no electrics works only headlights not even reverse or breaklights)

After thinking this must be the  alternator regulator problem, I have put my new Denso alternator in and see that it also doenst charge.

What did I do wrong? Why isnt new alternator charging if it did before ive put "repaired" one?

Hope I didnt reck something expencive.

Any tips?

Thanks

The old alternator is junk, it's more than likely got a fault on the windings - I don't understand why your messing about with it

New denso doesn't charge and you have killed the electrics

You would have killed major fuse(s) check the fusible link Block (Part of the positive Battery terminal) the fuse links are about £3 each

1 minute ago, flash22 said:

You would have killed major fuse(s) check the fusible link Block (Part of the positive battery terminal)

I'd think the fusible link would kill the headlights which he says are working.

15 minutes ago, MikeSh said:

I'd think the fusible link would kill the headlights which he says are working.

It splits into 3 - Power 60A, Alt 120A and ABS 60A

https://knigaproavto.ru/shemy/en/toyota/echo/1063-toyota-yaris-verso-amp-echo-verso-fuse-box-diagram.html

At least you can swap out the flat fuses, The Aygo has an issue with the 120A Alt fuse blowing under some conditions it was replaced with a 125A,

I know, stupid me, shouldnt have played with it.

But thanks gents, will check fuses tomorrow.

Hope i didnt blow something more important, but I guess not if car starts.

Fusible link near the positive Battery clamp. Never, ever meddle with a starter or alternator without disconnecting the Battery before.

thanks for advice, Battery was disconnected, just right after conneclting it back, it blew something...hope fuse

it was 120a fuse ..all works like it should now .. not gonna mess with old alternator, I believe flash22 that it can be also regulator or windings... thanks all for tips

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links