Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Yaris Cross review

SamBrooksbank

Hi everyone, My name is Sam Brooksbank and I’m an aspiring car journalist. This week I made a review on the new Toyota Yaris Cross, please check it out! I quite like the Yaris Cross although it isn’t without its faults, the boot is below average size and for some options you have to be on a higher spec just to add them as optional extras! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, SamBrooksbank said:

Hi everyone, My name is Sam Brooksbank and I’m an aspiring car journalist. This week I made a review on the new Toyota Yaris Cross, please check it out! I quite like the Yaris Cross although it isn’t without its faults, the boot is below average size and for some options you have to be on a higher spec just to add them as optional extras! 

A good review Sam. Thank you.

Well done young Sam, a very professional review. I look forward to when you are able to drive and giving your opinion on a car on the road experience.👏👏🚗

I like this.  These are family cars so yes, let's have reviews from all ages.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Well done young Sam, a very professional review. I look forward to when you are able to drive and giving your opinion on a car on the road experience.👏👏🚗

Thanks so much for your kind comment! I am able to drive but due to insurance purposes Unfortunately I’m not always allowed to drive them. My next review is of the Mercedes A class which I’ve been told I’m able to test drive! 

One thing though.  You can't really mate a manual box with the full hybrid systems in the Toyotas which is why there is auto only.

Pumas and the like have a mild hybrid where the electric just gives an extra push but the ice engine is always connected and powering the wheels, so a manual still works.

• Like 1

Probably Sam would like to say that you can choose a non hybrid version wilth a standard gasoline engine with manual gearbox, like it happens for the hatchback vesion ( that in some countries is sold with 1.0 and 1.5 non hybrid engines ).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RickyC said:

Probably Sam would like to say that you can choose a non hybrid version wilth a standard gasoline engine with manual gearbox, like it happens for the hatchback version ( that in some countries is sold with 1.0 and 1.5 non hybrid engines ).

Didnt Toyota in the UK do a Auris/Corolla with a 1.2 turbo engine, sales so low they ditched it.  Obviously the market didnt want a wholly petrol model.  Toyota produce the best Hybrid cars on the market - that is where they are unti the 100% electric vehicle is here.......soon

I didn't think we could get any manual Toyotas in the UK apart from the Aygo?

Except the Aygo, and the trucks/utiliies (?) no manuals in the UK, but there are contributors from many other countries on this TOC forum.

In Italy the Yaris hatchback is sold also with 1.0 engine ( only manual 5 gears ).  The 1.5 non hybrid emgine is not available in Italy.  

Also ini Italy the Cross is sold only with hybrid engine.

In Switzerland the Cross is available also with the 1.5 non Hybrid engine with manual 6 gear

• Like 2

Just now, RickyC said:

In Italy the Yaris hatchback is sold also with 1.0 engine ( only manual 5 gears ).  The 1.5 non hybrid emgine is not available in Italy.  

Also ini Italy the Cross is sold only with hybrid engine.

In Switzerland the Cross is available also with the 1.5 non Hybrid engine with manual 6 gear

Putting eggs into baskets comes to mind.

• 9 months later...

We’ll done.  Most thorough and informative review I’ve seen online for this car (and I’ve been looking at a lot recently, as I’m thinking of buying). Helpful, detailed and practical advice.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links