Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fual cleaner

Ih1

6 hours ago, yossarian247 said:

I once went with a friend to collect a Pug 205 diesel he'd just bought. It was the classic 'one elderly lady owner from new' car. He set off in it and I followed him back. After a few miles of him giving it the beans on a section of dual carriageway I noticed red sparks and lumps of black charcoal-like stuff falling out of it's tailpipe. I think it was the first time in its ten year life it had ever gone much above tickover and it was clearing all of the accumulated crud out of the exhaust. After a couple of hundred miles of him driving it it ran beautifully!

Oh god actually lumps?! That's horrific! I was going to ask if you're sure that wasn't pieces of the catalyst matrix core!! :laugh: 

It reminds me of the first time I drove my dad's old Focus TDCI - He'd only been using it to go to work if it was raining, which was within cycling distance, and because of that was getting horrific mileage out of it (150 miles to a tank IIRC!!)

First time I drove it, found it very sluggish compared to my (at the time) Mk1 Yaris D4D, and because it was accelerating so slowly, when I got to the motorway onramp I was worried it wouldn't speed up in time to get on so I planted the accelerator - The car hesitated for a sec, then blasted a huge cloud of soot from the exhaust (And probably scared the hell out of the people behind me!!) and the car shot off like a scalded cat :laugh: 

5 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Oooh wasn't aware of that - Good to know!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links