Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Mk4 lower at the back...?

Cyker

Someone pointed this about about my car and I can't un-see it!

The gap between the top of the tyre and the lower edge of the wheel arch is noticeably larger at the front than it is at the back - Is it the same with all you other Mk4 owners or has my rear suspension collapsed?? :laugh: 

It looks really weird now that I'm aware of it, like I'm carrying some concrete slabs in the back or something! (For the record I am not...)

Think it is just visual and the way the rear arches bulge out that gives the impression the rear suspension is lower than the front.

If you park on incline road and the car facing downhill it is normal for the suspension to travel and the car to look like has been loaded or lowered, other than that should look straight and equal front and rear, perhaps a visual effect indeed  👍

6 hours ago, Cyker said:

Someone pointed this about about my car and I can't un-see it!

The gap between the top of the tyre and the lower edge of the wheel arch is noticeably larger at the front than it is at the back - Is it the same with all you other Mk4 owners or has my rear suspension collapsed?? :laugh: 

It looks really weird now that I'm aware of it, like I'm carrying some concrete slabs in the back or something! (For the record I am not...)

I thought the exact same thing with mine..

It's the hand brake squat of course it could just be the flare of the arch or massive hips and the line of the rear lights

Yeah I think you lot are right about the arch flare.

I measured it and the gap between the top of the tyre and the wheel arch is a whole inch smaller on the rear than the front, which is a big 'sag'!

However, the side sill is about 8.5" to the ground near the rear wheel and about 7.5" near the front wheel so, assuming that is straight, the car isn't actually sagging, it's just a weird design choice by Toyota!

I'm just not used to it as the Mk1 and Mk2 were the opposite - Unloaded, the rear wheelarch gap was so big they looked like they'd been lifted compared to the fronts! :laugh: 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links