Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

clutchless compressor

Haitham Mohamed

My car has clutchless compressor and the hub has been disengaged from the compressor shaft so i went to A/C shop, the shop says needs a new compressor, so i checked the compressor by myself and i found that i can rotate the compressor shaft easily so from this situation; that's mean that compressor itself doesn't sized up so if i changed that hub can solve the problem and if it solved my problem, Why the shear hub damaged in the first place, maybe the heat surround it make it to disengage?

So if anyone try this before tell me your Experience 

Moved to the Avensis club.

The compressor has an internal clutch so is free spinning at all times the rubber breaks down over time and the 2 parts separate

PM your vin as there are a few different AC compressors, once we know that we can find the pulley and if it's available on its own (Toyota list it as part of the compressor)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The compressor has an internal clutch so is free spinning at all times the rubber breaks down over time and the 2 parts separate

PM your vin as there are a few different AC compressors, once we know that we can find the pulley and if it's available on its own (Toyota list it as part of the compressor)

Okay i'll send it, yeah Toyota List it as unit with the compressor and i didn't find any Part numbers for the pulley but i found the pulley on AUTODOC website here is the link: https://www.autodoc.co.uk/nrf/15834334

8831005080 or 88310-05080

so the link in your post is correct

they are a pig to get off and on, it may result in some use of profanity and grazed knuckles

hold the centre (shaft) with a socket and undo the outer of the pulley

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, flash22 said:

8831005080 or 88310-05080

so the link in your post is correct

they are a pig to get off and on, it may result in some use of profanity and grazed knuckles

Did you try this Website ? , i recently did and i got a quality parts but from long time ago. What about now ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links