Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tpms

rudirudi

Hi,

I put new rims with wintertires, also new oem tpms sensors (  would be  original toyota)

My car is a rav4 plug in hybrid 2021, on my dashboard ik can push a button to find sensors,(i tried this without success), can my car

find this new sensors, or do i need the car dealer for this problem? Can somebody give me more info

about this problem?

Greetings,

Rudi

I believe that you'll need to take it to a dealer to program in the new set of sensors - hopefully you have retained a record of their ids?

Once that is done, I believe that the car is capable of remembering two sets of TPMS ids and the owner can then switch between them as they swap from summer to winter wheels ...

any workshop should be able to change the id's, be aware after a reset is can take up to 5 miles to pick up the sensors

I have no id, they said that the dealer has to read the id with a tool, so looked it up on internet and think i can do this myself with a device called Autel MaxiTPMS TS508, i' m thinking to buy that, but it's not that cheap but ik think the dealer is also not for free.

The id is printed on the body TPMS valve so is best recorded before the tyre goes on! But, as you say, there are devices that can read the id when placed close to the TPMS valve. You then need the appropriate tool (e.g. Techstream) to add the new TPMS ids to the car's ECU ...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, i had trouble to see the tire pressure on my dashboard.

I have found it, now i woke up (activated) the tpms sensors with the tool autel TS508 , but i could not program the sensors in the car with the tool autel TS508, 

i always got an error, the solution was easy, once the sensors were activated you can let the car search for the sensors, quite easy, then drive a little and everything was perfect. 

Perhaps this is important information for other toyota rav 4 plug in hybrid drivers.

Greetings,

Rudi

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links