Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Estima issue ?

152bobby

Our third car is a Toyota Estima.  It's used a couple of times a week.

If we don't use it for a week, the Battery is flat.  We have had the AA out, a new Battery (top spec) has been fitted and we still have the same issue, had the AA out again, obviously the Battery is ok and he said the alternator "seems" fine and could not help further than that.

I did have a dash cam fitted and have since disconnected it in case that was the culprit, but still same issue.  No lights etc are left on.

Any ideas or suggestions ?  I'd prefer not taking it to a garage, because this will probably prove expensive doing the fault finding and may still not find a issue.

Thanks

Topic title revised from 'Non Rav issue?' to 'Estima issue?'.

Moved to the Estima forum.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @BobbyMcLeish,

I will defer to the experts on this platform who have higher ratings.

My 2 pennies  (fwiw) input would be that I used to have that issue with my 08 Estima. Turned out the aux Battery was on its way out (AA checked voltage and verified this) so I bought and fitted a new Battery - the one with a vent and temp sensor. Since then, I've had no issue. So if you have changed your aux Battery for a new one of the right spec., then you should have no issue. However seeing as you do, it would make sense to bite the bullet and engage the services of a reputable auto-electrician to diagnose where the "drain" is occurring. Peace of mind and all that...

Wishing you a merry Christmas.

Thanks very much.  When you say auxiliary Battery, you do mean just the normal Battery under the bonnet 😂?

I'm going to do a few more checks myself and if I can't sort it myself or with more help from here, I'll book it into somewhere in January, as I would like this fixed once and for all.

Is your Estima a hybrid?  If so, the auxiliary Battery is in the cabin of the car in the left rear wheel arch area. If not a hybrid, then I guess it would be under the bonnet as you say...  😄 

It's just the normal Estima petrol version 👍

OK. I would still recommend the used of a reputable auto-electrician. I've haven't used any in the last 20 years so don't have any to recommend. 😞 

Good luck!

Yes, me neither, I'll have to look for a local recommend one, without getting ripped off.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links