Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Difference between Essential Protection pack and Protection + pack on PHEV

George baker

I'm trading in My RAV4 HEV 2020 Excel (2 year PCP deal) for the Plug-in version.

I have a Dynamic Premium plug-in in Silver on a 22 week order with an Essential Protection Pack consisting of a Rear Bumper Protection Plate, Front & Rear Set Mudflap and a Boot Liner which cost £259 but looking online there is a Protection + Pack costing £309 but the package looks exactly the same.  Am I missing something, can anyone help, thanks. 

5 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

Floor mats….

Oh ok, thanks. My ordered model comes as standard so at least I won't end up with more pairs than I need. I've already got a spare set of rubber floor mats up in my loft, many thanks. 

Tailored Rubber floor mats! :laugh: 

I must admit the ones for the Mk4 are nice quality tho' - Has a flappy bit for the dead pedal, and I like that they aren't just flat, but have a decent lip to stop water running off them and into the carpet. Also makes removing them without spilling dust back into the car a lot easier.

They are extremely expensive for what they are tho' - eBay copies are quarter of the cost! (Or would be if they'd started making them for the Mk4 yet!)

19 hours ago, Cyker said:

Tailored Rubber floor mats! :laugh: 

I must admit the ones for the Mk4 are nice quality tho' - Has a flappy bit for the dead pedal, and I like that they aren't just flat, but have a decent lip to stop water running off them and into the carpet. Also makes removing them without spilling dust back into the car a lot easier.

They are extremely expensive for what they are tho' - eBay copies are quarter of the cost! (Or would be if they'd started making them for the Mk4 yet!)

Would that before bespoke from Saville row, or just, if anybody can remember that far back, made to measure from Burtons/John Temple !😉

Seriously, I've been thinking about this a bit, and the bit about the dead pedal sells it for me, because I have extra mats on the 208 (selling it in a few days!) has lots of dried in mud that I can't get out. Around here it is mostly dry, but we get rain and snow. I went walking on a trail which was clay silt for the most part the other day, and rubber mats would have been useful.

Can you get just the fronts ?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, George baker said:

Oh ok, thanks. My ordered model comes as standard so at least I won't end up with more pairs than I need. I've already got a spare set of rubber floor mats up in my loft, many thanks. 

If your rubber mats are for the HEV model then I don't think they will fit the PHEV.  The PHEV ones are a good design with a decent ridge wall depth so that mud and water does not spill out.  The rear ones have a flap on one side to cover the raised tunnel area so that's fully protected, very neat.

It's good you ordered the PHEV boot mat as the NEV one does not fit, my dealer had the HEV boot mat in stock and when they tried to fit it on the day I picked up the car had to quickly order the correct version. They did deliver it to my house the next day with lots of apologies.

• Like 1

I have ordered flaps, boot mat and bumper protector from my dealer for £199 fitted. Prefer carpet mats in the cabin itself. 

Adrian, the carpet mats look good but having just got back in from my car and looked at the mud on the rubber mats I think I’ve made the right choice. Some of the places I park with my walking group it’s inevitable that the car cabin takes a hit.

• Like 3

If I still went on building sites I would get them. We tend to avoid seriously muddy walks and I always change my walking boots when I drive - keep them in a boot bag. The boot mat may go too, depends on how slippy/grippy it is. I am used to cars with carpeted boots and use Velcro to hold things in place. Hate stuff sliding about, the dog has a purpose made car boot bed so he is safe and cannot slide about. 

• Like 2

I also use a boot bag but there are many situations when the day shoes pick up a lot of crap just walking to the back of the car but I take your point. 👣👣👣👣

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ernieb said:

Adrian, the carpet mats look good but having just got back in from my car and looked at the mud on the rubber mats I think I’ve made the right choice. Some of the places I park with my walking group it’s inevitable that the car cabin takes a hit.

Yep, I did that the other day, and I still can't get the silt off the soles of my walking shoes.

• Like 3

On 12/17/2021 at 6:50 AM, ernieb said:

If your rubber mats are for the HEV model then I don't think they will fit the PHEV.  The PHEV ones are a good design with a decent ridge wall depth so that mud and water does not spill out.  The rear ones have a flap on one side to cover the raised tunnel area so that's fully protected, very neat.

It's good you ordered the PHEV boot mat as the NEV one does not fit, my dealer had the HEV boot mat in stock and when they tried to fit it on the day I picked up the car had to quickly order the correct version. They did deliver it to my house the next day with lots of apologies.

Absolutely pleased with the rubber mats. Perfectly molded and rise high up the sides including covering the gear tunnel. Covering in mud, grit etc. I'll get the hose pipe on them in spring for 5 minutes and done, like new again.

Only disappointing thing was, as mentioned, we didn't get the rear seat back rubber covers like they do in America. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links