Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MK4 TSB's

flash22

While trawling the tinterwebs i come across some TSB's

21SMD-073T - 10/2021 eCall malfunction (MM19)

BE-00379T-TME -12/2021 Touch 2 MM19 software fix for DCU (Denso Ten)

Only two?? That's just not on for a brand new car! You must try harder Toyota! VW have loads more TSBs for their cars!! :ranting:

(*Yes I am joking again :laugh:  That's an impressively low number of TSBs for a totally new car that's been out this long! :eek:  You must have missed some flash :laugh: )

Checked this out with my local dealer for my Mk4 ...

image.thumb.png.bcd745c3a76dddd9e747fd2b4497f1db.png

So it looks like this will apply to none of the Mk4s in the uk since none of them have built-in SatNav...

2 hours ago, CPN said:

So it looks like this will apply to none of the Mk4s in the uk since none of them have built-in SatNav...

Unfortunately your dealer contact is wrong your Yaris (as are all other cars with MM17/MM19 Display head units) is equipped with a DCU ( Display control unit) your Yaris does not have an MEU ( Media extension unit AKA Navigation)

The bulletin you reference does apply and includes an update to version 1413 which fixes the following:

• DCU Software release version 1413:

• Miracast now available

• Update of roadside assist numbers

• MEU part number may not be read

• Suddenly no sound output from Android Auto music

• DAB BBC World station cannot be selected in Italy (Not displayed in the station list)

• System does not return to the CarPlay Audio screen after CarPlay call ends

• Update on Gracenote app

• DCU Software release version 1383:

• Connectivity issues:

• Black screen while connecting bluetooth

• If USB is unplugged during Apple CarPlay call, call audio is turned off instead of the audio mode before Apple CarPlay

• Apple CarPlay usage confirmation is not displayed on the screen when the same iPhone is connected

• No sound output in other mode after USB audio playback is not working with a specific USB

• Apple CarPlay Audio Volume operation does not work

• Audio track number of CD/USB/BT/CarPlay/Android Auto is not displayed on the Meter's Audio tab

• BT may not be reconnected even if BT is switched OFF and then back ON during Android Auto call

• Apple CarPlay sound is louder only for a moment soon after switching the audio mode to Miracast

• Human-machine interface issues:

• The clock display suddenly changes. (e.g. After IG-ON, the clock display changes from 14:33 to 14:26)

• The name is incorrect when transferring the name data with ";"

• General issues:

• Roadside assist numbers update (Without Romania/Turkey)

• Gracenote App update

• Cannot make calls or data communications via DCM

• The fuel consumption is displayed as 0 during EV driving on HV vehicle

• Video files where width is not a multiple of 4 that are stored on USB memory will not be played

• The volume management is incorrect, and the volume of another audio source is heard instead

• "Temperature unit" is notified to Meter in "Fahrenheit"

• "Distance unit" is notified to Meter by "mile"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@CPN There are actually 2 different TSB's one for the Touch 2 and another for the Touch2 and Go i didn't post the latter as it is not applicable to the uk cars

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, flash22 said:

There are actually 2 different TSB's one for the Touch 2 and another for the Touch2 and Go i didn't post the latter as it is not applicable to the uk cars

There are still some of us on here with non UK market Yaris IV and Yaris Cross who may be interested. I didn't get the touch 2 and Go with my Yaris, but it is an option (700€, in France).

18 hours ago, CPN said:

Not entirely relevant but when my Android auto is running pressing MAP opens Google Maps within AA. From any screen.

I just checked mine, it has release 1393.

21 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Unfortunately your dealer contact is wrong your Yaris (as are all other cars with MM17/MM19 Display head units) is equipped with a DCU ( Display control unit) your Yaris does not have an MEU ( Media extension unit AKA Navigation)

The bulletin you reference does apply and includes an update to version 1413 which fixes the following:

• DCU Software release version 1413:

• Miracast now available

• Update of roadside assist numbers

• MEU part number may not be read

• Suddenly no sound output from Android Auto music

• DAB BBC World station cannot be selected in Italy (Not displayed in the station list)

• System does not return to the CarPlay Audio screen after CarPlay call ends

• Update on Gracenote app

• DCU Software release version 1383:

• Connectivity issues:

• Black screen while connecting Bluetooth

• If USB is unplugged during Apple CarPlay call, call audio is turned off instead of the audio mode before Apple CarPlay

• Apple CarPlay usage confirmation is not displayed on the screen when the same iPhone is connected

• No sound output in other mode after USB audio playback is not working with a specific USB

• Apple CarPlay Audio Volume operation does not work

• Audio track number of CD/USB/BT/CarPlay/Android Auto is not displayed on the Meter's Audio tab

• BT may not be reconnected even if BT is switched OFF and then back ON during Android Auto call

• Apple CarPlay sound is louder only for a moment soon after switching the audio mode to Miracast

• Human-machine interface issues:

• The clock display suddenly changes. (e.g. After IG-ON, the clock display changes from 14:33 to 14:26)

• The name is incorrect when transferring the name data with ";"

• General issues:

• Roadside assist numbers update (Without Romania/Turkey)

• Gracenote App update

• Cannot make calls or data communications via DCM

• The fuel consumption is displayed as 0 during EV driving on HV vehicle

• Video files where width is not a multiple of 4 that are stored on USB memory will not be played

• The volume management is incorrect, and the volume of another audio source is heard instead

• "Temperature unit" is notified to Meter in "Fahrenheit"

• "Distance unit" is notified to Meter by "mile"

Thanks for that Lee! Most helpful and I will get back onto them...

5 hours ago, Campblor said:

Not entirely relevant but when my Android auto is running pressing MAP opens Google Maps within AA. From any screen.

That is exactly what is meant to happen Rodger.

6 hours ago, Stopeter44 said:

I just checked mine, it has release 1393.

My one is 1257

53 minutes ago, RickyC said:

My one is 1257

Same as mine...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today my car went in for the 1413 TSB update (even though the dealer gets told by Toyota GB that "TSBs are not essential updates") and guess what? All of the weird behaviour I have been experiencing with Amazon music (not picking up local files correctly) and YT music (similar annoyances!) via Android Auto have been fixed at a stroke and everything now works as it should! Even all the artwork displays correctly! So, as far as I am concerned, TSBs are essential updates if you want poor functionality corrected!

I have also got Miracast available on the Audio screen now but I haven't tried that yet. Very pleased that I persisted with the dealer about this and thanks to Lee @Devon Aygo for providing reliable info! 😁

Update: turns out that my Google Pixel 3XL doesn't support Miracast but that's ok because everything else is working properly now anyway.

There you go, if i hadn't of posted you would still be none the wiser - sadly i have to pay for full TSB access, so only go on there if i need/want some info (i build up a list of items over time)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

There you go, if i hadn't of posted you would still be none the wiser - sadly i have to pay for full TSB access, so only go on there if i need/want some info (i build up a list of items over time)

Indeed! Thanks to you too Bob! 😁

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looking on Toyota Recall site I've found a new recall for my Yaris Mk4. 

Radar check for Cruise Control.   

Do you know something more ?

Your dealer should, book it in, it’s a free recall isn’t it?

Just checked and my Yaris is also affected. Due for a service in the next month so will arrange for it to be done at the same time.

Ours is booked in for next Thursday for the Radar check.

Got notified for ours today also...

image.thumb.png.ad0ff063ebe2247ad66130a81234f5e0.png

• 2 weeks later...

only just spotted this one

EG-00691T-TME 02/2022

White smoke, Lack of power and/or engine hesitation (sometimes with DTC P3190-00, P0401-9C) due to internal damages in the EGR system (Oxidation caused by Chlorine contamination)

EGR1.thumb.JPG.7e1c7c47cbc59400d2842374e07a3ecf.JPG

EGR2.thumb.JPG.51b22e10a77f4cc1771bbf7cf45df45e.JPG

• Like 1

Well known issue in Italy. 

But these notes are taken from an official Toyota bulletin ?

3 minutes ago, RickyC said:

Well known issue in Italy. 

But these notes are taken from an official Toyota bulletin ?

I assume so, it seems a worldwide issue I'm trying to find the PDF

7 hours ago, flash22 said:

only just spotted this one

EG-00691T-TME 02/2022

White smoke, Lack of power and/or engine hesitation (sometimes with DTC P3190-00, P0401-9C) due to internal damages in the EGR system (Oxidation caused by Chlorine contamination)

EGR1.thumb.JPG.7e1c7c47cbc59400d2842374e07a3ecf.JPG

EGR2.thumb.JPG.51b22e10a77f4cc1771bbf7cf45df45e.JPG

The bulletin is fairly recent however in this instance the bulletin is guidance only for dealers, and states that if we have these fault codes and find as per the pictures attached "As a cause, the fuel has excessive Chlorine. This case is not a manufacturing defect, and will not be covered under warranty."

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links