Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine ECU Compatibility

Roland Alli

I have a 2009 Toyota Avensis with chassis no. SB1BL75L40E013255. The Engine ECU was stolen and I am asking if the ECU with no 89661-05E40. Will work for it.

Thanks.

Screenshot_20220117-065244_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220117-071637_WhatsApp.jpg

Edited by Roland Alli
Additional information

I did a check using the info you gave and there is a minor detail difference. There are a couple of sites I go to - ToyoDIY.com and japan-parts.eu. 

I did a cross reference check on both sites and your model is not listed.  The difference is the transmission - CVT vs standard auto transmission.

http://www.japan-parts.eu/?parttt=&part=89661-05E40&regi=EU&cars=ok 

Your ECU is shown as http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2009/avensis/zrt272l-aepekw/2_273560_046_410W/electrical/8404_electronic-fuel-injection-system#:~:text=COMPUTER%2C ENGINE CONTROL-,89661-05E80,-( 1 ) 

image.thumb.png.fdae711f9f99ff95f535d1218691bf9f.png 

Both sites confirm the same part numbers 89661-05E80 EXHAUST EMISSION CONTROL-EUROPE STEP4 WITH(OBD)  and 89661-05E90 for your car. 

You need to get the correct match for your car. I hope there is Karma and the stolen ECU does not work. Also keep an eye out for anyone selling ECU's that match yours in your area. You need to know what car it came from, if the original car is there as proof of elimination.  
I have given you the tools to help you. You need to sign up to ToyoDIY.com to see the diagrams, but it the most accurate. I am no expert, but used a little experience and knowledge over time. 

Good luck 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links