Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Estima - Hybrid - Fuel Consumption

therealhyper

Hi guys, just thought i'd add my experience with my japanese 3.5 v6 2008 estima imported to australia. Used as a work van, so carrying a constant load of approx 300kgs. Twin ladders on trades Roof Rack so cuts through the air like a potato, storage shelves, and false floor with rear seats removed. By far the most comfortable van i've used for work and i've had 2 vito's, 2 Hyundai iLoads, and a transporter. Anyways, i'm heavy footed and carry lots of gear, and i'm averaging 400kms for a tank. And i do approx 600kms per week so stack on the kms. Bought her at 40000kms and she's done 196000kms now. So thats 60 litres per 400kms or 60 litres for 250miles approx. Think thats about 15mpg. Was looking at upgrading to an alphard 2.4 hybrid but after reading everyones comments think i'll just stick with the v6. Pulls like a freight train and has never let me down....unfortuantly for me she's a champagne one haha 

PXL_20201103_083550585.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mylosh said:

Hi guys, just thought i'd add my experience with my japanese 3.5 v6 2008 estima imported to australia. Used as a work van, so carrying a constant load of approx 300kgs. Twin ladders on trades roof rack so cuts through the air like a potato, storage shelves, and false floor with rear seats removed. By far the most comfortable van i've used for work and i've had 2 vito's, 2 Hyundai iLoads, and a transporter. Anyways, i'm heavy footed and carry lots of gear, and i'm averaging 400kms for a tank. And i do approx 600kms per week so stack on the kms. Bought her at 40000kms and she's done 196000kms now. So thats 60 litres per 400kms or 60 litres for 250miles approx. Think thats about 15mpg. Was looking at upgrading to an alphard 2.4 hybrid but after reading everyones comments think i'll just stick with the v6. Pulls like a freight train and has never let me down....unfortuantly for me she's a champagne one haha 

PXL_20201103_083550585.PORTRAIT.jpg

Interesting story, mine is 2012 2.4 hybrid have it 2 years.. not the most economical car ive ever owned but certainly the best by far, comfort, reliability and a joy to drive... i will be keeping for few more years

• 4 months later...
On 1/28/2022 at 10:53 PM, therealhyper said:

I've filled it up 3 times now.

The first 2 times I filled it when the fuel bar was on 3-4...

This time I've let it go on empty (no bars showing) and orange full warning sign.

Fuel cost was around £85 for approx 60litres of fuel (unleaded).

There is a B gearbox slot I can drive the car in...I've noticed the car tends to drive more on the battery when this is selected. I've also discovered the EV button.

When the EV button is pressed the car drives on electric upto approx 15 mph...which is pretty useless...if that went to 30mph...I could use it on local roads....which would be good.

Any ideas ?

I have an estima hybrid and use the E5 petrol which gives me more miles for my money. I get around 450-500 miles on a full tank. I can get up to and slightly beyond 40Mph on dual carrigeways using electric only. Not by pressing the EV button.  But by finding the optimal driving mode by playing with my acceleration peddle. I dont know if this is what is considered as forcing the car into ev mode.  

• 1 month later...

Basic question: Which grade fuel in my 2008 (106000 kilometres) Estima 2.4 Hybrid is best ? 91 or 95 or 98 ?

Will it run on E10 ?

I use Tesco 99E5 in U.K. ,E10 make MPG worst, this van has a high compression engine, if use U.K. 95e10 the engine produce less power, unless you don't need power, I got 3-5mpg less from 95e10.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links