Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rattling from steering wheel on certain road surfaces. .

GR Weasel

I'm getting this really annoying rattling noise from my steering wheel or column (see video) going to book it in for a warranty investigation just hope they can solve it and don't say they can't find anything wrong as it only happens on certain roads and happens less when the roads are wet. 

I took it to a HiQ garage where they inspected the wheels and tyres and did a road test but said they could not find anything wrong.  

Also getting some rattling from the front left speaker on the dashboard. 

Any ideas what could be causing this?

When you are driving if you can try touching the plastic covers around the steering column and all around dashboard etc and the noise gone you maybe able to figure out where exactly comes from. Plastic interiors are prone to things like that, and in recent years latest cars are somewhat forced manufacturing, fast fast fast, and that reduces the overall quality of fit and finish. Just my thoughts. My car also does from time to time similar noises, but they comes and then after goes away, and it’s an old car so no complaints from me. 👍

I posted about a rattle some time ago. It stops when I hold the horn.  Took to dealer they claimed they fixed a loose panel, but it still rattles like crazy. Will be booking back into dealer in a few weeks when I have time. Searching on Google, there were other vehicle makes with problems with the airbag enclosure causing it. Not sure, but I want the rattle gone!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links