Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris T Sport Gearbox Busted

johny lucas

hello boys and girls

the gear box in my TS YARIS is busted i did not notic and change in it untill i looked on the ground a saw a pool of oil now the car has gone in to toyota they can not look at the the till 2moro

has any ever had the same probs with there little yaris :( :(

Hi johnny. Dam thats a shame mate. I have never heard of a Yaris T Sport with the gearbox busted. Could you keep us all up to date as i think the Yaris T Sport girls and boys would like to hear the out come to this?

jerry!!

i just got off the phone to toyota ireland they have told me that the gear box has a large crack in the bottom of the gear box now i only have 2500 miles on the clock so it should not have cracked it that way

i have to go down a see the car on the ramp at 3 30 today so i will try and get some pics

Sorry to hear about that, it sounds a little nasty...

I suppose on the bright side the car is still under warranty with only 2.5k on the clock, it would be good to see how the dealer handles the issue and resolves the problem.

It would be great if you could post what they believe to be the cause of the fault...

ok i am just back from the dealer this is what they had to say i have a large crack in the gear box it runs all along the gear box they do not know the cause of the crack but the car will be off the road for about 10 days while they replace the whole thing

so just to let you all know have a look and see

Hi johny Hope that everything goes well for you. I would really like to know what caused the gearbox to have a large crack in it. Still at least they are getting it sorted ah?

I hope that they are giving you a courtesy car for all the trouble.

jerry!!

funny story

they gave me an opel Agila i was driving down the motorway going to work and i see some smoke coming from the rear of the car so i just keep going next i hear a tapping noise only 3 miles from work keep on going then bang so i call the aa some bright spark when giving the car a Service did not put any oil in the car

so i killed the little car :(

man.. that sucks.. bet your glad its not your car eh?.. as it would have been engine as well as gearbox!

Dam you are not lucky are you mate. So what car have they given you now ?????

jerry!!

i tryed i hit a path today doing some sideways action and fu*ked up the wheel so put the old one from the yaris in the boot but i am still down a hub cap :(

the gearbox possibly threw its diff,ive done similer things on race cars, always resulting in cracked gearbox casings

result of over eager driving...........and reading the following posts, id agree :rolleyes:

no no i dont drive like that all the time :rolleyes:

i just that its a rental car so you have to at least try and kill it

dam least my gearbox did'nt have that problem on my old Y reg t sport

was the clutch bearing and both front wheels bearings packed up....all before 18k

new one done 6k so far ok except for the fuel seems to vanish more than the other...

hope its sorted soon and when u get in your t sport remember its yours....

Not sure if this is the gears, clutch or not enough torque....

I've got 25k miles on the clock of my YarisTS. Perhaps I never drove it as hard as I do now that I know the cars limits - and drive as close to them as posible. he he.

I have noticed that when accelerating hard through the gears, changing from 2nd to 3rd at about 5-6K revs, there is a noticable lag before the revs start to climb again.

I've driven a car with a slippy clutch and it doesn't feel like that - it's just that the power doesn't seem to be there for a split second.

It's un-modded (for now) and filled with Shell Optimax.

Anyone else noticed the same or similar?

Cheers

Yes - I think it's being strangled - needs a free flowing induction kit and sports exhaust - the other yaris TS guys I talk to say they dont get this so I think thats what the problem is.

Steve.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links