Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Headlights....

MyIq

Hiya, I hope some body can shed some light on my problem....I have a 2011 IQ tonight neither the highbeam or lowbeams are working. I hear a click when i switch between the 2 and the highlight light on the dash for both modes comes on. I guess it could be a relay but where are they located and where do i start...Thanks

The bulbs in the IQ are single filament HIR2 bulbs and an activator is used to switch from low to high beam. Check the bulbs first. 

If the bulbs have blown, consider whether you want to upgrade to some brighter bulbs - eg Elta Vision Pro150. Stay with halogen bulbs as LED bulbs fitted into headlights designed for halogen, will be an MOT fail.

If they both failed at the same time may be a bit unusual. If they did check the fuse first and foremost.

Thanks for the advice, so the low and high beam filament is in the same bulb?. Not seperate bulbs

17 minutes ago, MyIq said:

Thanks for the advice, so the low and high beam filament is in the same bulb?. Not seperate bulbs

Not separate bulbs or twin filaments. The bulbs are single filament but an activator in the headlight unit moves a shutter to change the beam from low beam to high beam, and vice versa.

1 single bulb and it uses an eyelid shutter for high/low beam

check your fuses, and the relays, have you had any recent work done to the car ?

Thought so. Gives you the opportunity to upgrade if you want - see my earlier post.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links