Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

General Wheel Thingy

daktari

Noticed a few subjects cropping up on wheels. well you might find this is to your advantage.

About two years ago i took my trusty rusty M5 into a well known quick fit type tyre retailer to have four new, not inexpensive tyres put on. Two hours later and about 600 quid lighter i picked the car up and drove home. Fine, no problem apart from a slight shimmy when i got to between 50 and 60 MPH. When i got home i thought it best to have a look in case a balance weight had come off.

So. On closer inspection i noticed that the sight impaired :ffs: wit tyre monkey had scuffed up the rim on not one but three of the alloys. And we`re not talking scratches. Right through the laquer and into the ally. Not only that but the wheel nuts were done up so tight i bent the wheel brace undoing the 1st one. (alloys should be tightened with a torque wrench NOT an air impact wrench) Apparently it was this that had distorted the wheel and was causing the shimmy!!!

Anyhoo several irate phone calls two visits to the offending establishment and a letter to their head office resulted in a completely brand new set of genuine BMW M5 alloys. (£1500)

Moral of the story check your wheels after any works been done on them cos these guys are liable. And are obliged to repair or replace. :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links