Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross Wireless Charging Pad

IT Troll

I understand that in the U.K. we get wireless phone connection but not wireless charging (which seems a bit nonsensical). Has anyone tried any of the third party charging pads? I’m hoping there is one which will fit in the bottom tray and connect into the accessory socket without interfering with any of the electronics.

Having a per a toy fitted charging pad may not be such a good thing. Just in this last few years charging systems have increased in speed, thus anything permanently fitted in a car will soon be “old hat” and owners will be wanting the fastest so will end up buying plug in equipment anyway.

True, still odd that Toyota do fit the pad in some EU countries. A third party one would be fine so long as it doesn't result in cable mess and can be easily turned on/off when required. The factory part is rather nicely integrated and means you still have the single USB and accessory socket available.

EUSpecChargingPad.thumb.jpg.e4a1e8c8595b00410613224f0a531733.jpg UKBottomTray.thumb.jpg.d237e67b98266cf2ffd7e1c8875f34a5.jpg

I believe flash22 dug up the part numbers and cost for the wireless charging pad in another thread - I can't remember how much so my brain must be blocking out how ridiculously expensive it was... :laugh: 

The connectors all seem to be there for it to be fitted (I had the dash out to hardwire my Dashcam power into the lighter socket power and there were a few un-used plugs hanging out back there, suspect for the wireless charging and Launch-Edition-only mood lights?)

27 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I believe flash22 dug up the part numbers and cost for the wireless charging pad in another thread - I can't remember how much so my brain must be blocking out how ridiculously expensive it was..

I found a similar thread about the regular Yaris. The parts were getting on for almost £900. 🤑

There are various cheap and cheerful third party options on Amazon but I have no idea if they are any good.

37 minutes ago, IT Troll said:

I found a similar thread about the regular Yaris. The parts were getting on for almost £900. 🤑

There are various cheap and cheerful third party options on Amazon but I have no idea if they are any good.

Yes that seems suitably ludicrous...! :eek: 

I don't know what the variances are with third-party ones as my only experience with wireless charging was my friend's old Palm Pre (Which was a great phone, but now useless), so I guess you'd have to read some reviews...

• 3 months later...

Here is my solution to the missing wireless charger.

• ESR HaloLock Wireless MagSafe Charger
  • Syncwire USB-C Car Charger 30W PD (Flush Fit)
  • USB-C Cable 15cm
  • Double Sided Sticky Pad (Removable Non-Mark Reusable)

I chose the ESR charger, rather than the official Apple one, because it is available in black and has a removable cable. The sticky pad holds the charger in place, which then holds the phone magnetically. About £50 all in.

TCWC1.thumb.JPG.f4f366efa37a442bafff5b259b0b1659.JPG

YSWC2.thumb.jpg.98d0f036d14643186c8eb2d960db0676.jpg

• Like 5

• 10 months later...

Sorry to bring this back up again, but does anyone know the part number or where to get hold of a oem wireless charger?

@flash22 provided details for the regular Yaris and the costs was ~£900!

Whilst the wireless charger is included on the Yaris Cross in some regions. I'm not sure if that includes a RHD model (part of the centre console needs to be changed).

• Like 1

Only the finest scratchy plastics used.

My £50 DIY solution is still going strong. I love the convenience when combined with wireless Apple CarPlay and I imagine the MagSafe has a more secure hold than the OEM.

• Like 2

Ah ok. Maybe it's not worth the expense. I'm just slightly annoyed that I'd overlooked that it's not included in the UK. I've watched so many reviews of the cars, but clearly most of them were European/Australian. It wasn't something I paid too much attention to on my test drive. I don't think I'd use it all that often, but it would have been nice for when I have to do a long drive down to Yorkshire 😕

• Like 2

I use the Cigar lighter port for longer journeys & I use ACP for every journey as Speed Cameras litter the highways these days.

Tel

• 4 weeks later...

Hi IT Troll

did you make the unit or just by and install if bought and installed can you post a link to where you got it please 

It's funny how I still hand a handful of phones from over the past 10 years that have wireless charging, but my last 3 phones have not had it. For the first time I'll have a car with wireless charging, but I dont see that even my next phone would likely have the feature. A bummer, but no point paying several hundreds more just to utilize the feature. I dont usually need charging during the day, but wireless android auto might eat some extra juice. 

2 hours ago, Plumber boy said:

did you make the unit or just by and install if bought and installed can you post a link to where you got it please

I purchased the component parts from Amazon. Details are a few posts above.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links