Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

PHEV remote heating, does it warm up the battery too?

kucyk

Hey guys, 

Just wondering, if I heat up the cabin before the trip using the app (20 minutes cycle) does this warm up the Battery also?

• Like 1

If you've selected Battery heating and cooling from the MID menu then yes I think it does.  There is an option to use heating/cooling.  Just taking energy from the traction Battery will heat it to a degree.

• Like 1

Where do I find this option?

Found it, thanks!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, kucyk said:

Found it, thanks!

Personally I'm surprised it's not on by default rather than you have to switch it on?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kucyk said:

Found it, thanks!

Where did You find it?

2 hours ago, HSDish said:

Where did You find it?

in the MID 😄

On the digital display - charging settings 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kucyk said:

in the MID 😄

On the digital display - charging settings 

The digital display in the car ?

And then what do you do when you find MID on the display? 

Settings page 629 of the manual, see below.

Screenshot 2022-03-07 at 06.35.57.png

• Thanks 1

Still do not get it. That tells me about the options but doesn’t tell me how to set them. And the reference to page 629! If a car needs a handbook that extends to a biblical length then something is fundamentally wrong. If I had known it was so complicated to make simple changes I would have bought elsewhere. It is increasingly becoming a frustration and not a joy to drive this car. Another example is the heated seats which do not automatically turn off when you turn off the ignition. When I get back in the car the heated seats come on at their previous setting. Had lots of cars with heated seats from differing brands but never had that. Damned if I can find where to change it. 

Surely it’s says setting to be changed in the MID and against heating and cooling ON of OFF.  These are customisable features so go to the settings menu and pole through until you get to the feature you want to change.  Access the settings via the RH multi way switch arrow right until the settings menu is available.

All modern cars ore complex and the manual is the way to go, download via Toyota account and it will give you the correct manual for you cars (select you car in cars owned)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flatcoat said:

Still do not get it. That tells me about the options but doesn’t tell me how to set them. And the reference to page 629! If a car needs a handbook that extends to a biblical length then something is fundamentally wrong. If I had known it was so complicated to make simple changes I would have bought elsewhere. It is increasingly becoming a frustration and not a joy to drive this car. Another example is the heated seats which do not automatically turn off when you turn off the ignition. When I get back in the car the heated seats come on at their previous setting. Had lots of cars with heated seats from differing brands but never had that. Damned if I can find where to change it. 

Just relax for now and enjoy the drive.

I have had my Prius 3.5 years and I am positive there will be features I don’t know about, and if I do know about something I can just ignore it.                
Too many worrying when will I get my car delivered, why does it do this, why won’t it do that. All the while life is passing by……too quickly.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ernieb said:

Surely it’s says setting to be changed in the MID and against heating and cooling ON of OFF.  These are customisable features so go to the settings menu and pole through until you get to the feature you want to change.  Access the settings via the RH multi way switch arrow right until the settings menu is available.

All modern cars ore complex and the manual is the way to go, download via Toyota account and it will give you the correct manual for you cars (select you car in cars owned)

There is only a choice of MID on or off. Nothing else. It doesn’t matter what I press, scroll or twiddle. And I have downloaded the manual but I am not a computer software engineer which is what you appear to need to be to understand anything. 

Apologies in advance if I'm misinterpreting what you are saying but it sounds as though you are looking at the setting to turn the MID (multi information display) off. What others are saying is the setting is in the MID, not the MID setting itself.

I don't mean to patronise and I know it can feel complicated so I'll help if I can.

If you start with the MID showing the consumption and range, press the right arrow button on the steering wheel 4 times (so it highlights the cog at the bottom of the screen). Press the down button several times until you get to vehicle settings (not settings). Hold the OK button briefly to select. Press OK on Charging Settings. Then you should see the screen in this photo. Go down to Battery heater or Battery cooler and press OK to toggle each one on or off.

These should be on by default but some people have found theirs was off by mistake.

PXL_20220307_171243942_MP.thumb.jpg.e338bfbfd707f10e0716711c7ae93a4a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nlee said:

Apologies in advance if I'm misinterpreting what you are saying but it sounds as though you are looking at the setting to turn the MID (multi information display) off. What others are saying is the setting is in the MID, not the MID setting itself.

I don't mean to patronise and I know it can feel complicated so I'll help if I can.

If you start with the MID showing the consumption and range, press the right arrow button on the steering wheel 4 times (so it highlights the cog at the bottom of the screen). Press the down button several times until you get to vehicle settings (not settings). Hold the OK button briefly to select. Press OK on Charging Settings. Then you should see the screen in this photo. Go down to battery heater or battery cooler and press OK to toggle each one on or off.

These should be on by default but some people have found theirs was off by mistake.

PXL_20220307_171243942_MP.thumb.jpg.e338bfbfd707f10e0716711c7ae93a4a.jpg

Thanks, that may be the answer albeit I thought I was already doing that! Will have a look tomorrow. Next challenge to find out how to cancel Seat heating when I turn the ignition off! 

Adrian this may sound obvious but do you have the seat heater switch in the on position?  It's a three way rocker Hi up low down and off centre.  I can not think of another reason but may be proved wrong?

Your right Ernie, 3 settings.  I got leather seats and very rarely use the seat heater. The wife does, and she tends to leave it on when she gets out, so it’s still in the on position next time car starts. Simply requires human intervention to switch it off.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links