Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just one USB socket in RAV 4 PHEV ?

HSDish

Can just find one USB socket in our "new" RAV 4 PHEV 2020 (near the phone charger).

Is there only one USB socket in the car ?

I don't have a PHEV and things have moved on but there is exactly one and only one USB socket that provides a connection to the multimedia system - that's all the multimedia system supports.

There are numerous other "USB power points" on mine - under the arm rest between the front seats, behind that same unit for back seat passengers and in the boot. But you have a (Swedish?) Style while I have a UK Excel so things may not be quite the same.

• Thanks 1

Just one that is a full USB.  I've tried multiple hubs powered and unpowered and can not get the head unit to accept the second USB.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, philip42h said:

I don't have a PHEV and things have moved on but there is exactly one and only one USB socket that provides a connection to the multimedia system - that's all the multimedia system supports.

There are numerous other "USB power points" on mine - under the arm rest between the front seats, behind that same unit for back seat passengers and in the boot. But you have a (Swedish?) Style while I have a UK Excel so things may not be quite the same.

Yes mine are Swedish AWD i Style premiun and it got the same sockets as i Yours.

several "USB powepoints" but just one (near the phone charger) thats connected to the multimedia system.

Would like if one of the ports under the armrest was connected to MM

4 minutes ago, ernieb said:

Just one that is a full USB.  I've tried multiple hubs powered and unpowered and can not get the head unit to accept the second USB.

Think thats a pitty

3 minutes ago, ernieb said:

The Nav Manual more or less says exactly that - in it's rather convoluted way. If you use a hub, only first port is connected as a multimedia input; other ports can be used to provide power only (which is basically useless but that's how it is).

• Thanks 1

So are there any other connections at all for the MM system I.E. SD cards or Micro SD.

Is there a storage built in too load say music files?

• Like 1

Sorry Roger, no.  What I do is use Android Auto which allows me to play stored music, navigate etc.  This is very robust and has worked consistently well since I’ve had the car, better than other cars I’ve owned.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, ernieb said:

Sorry Roger, no.  What I do is use Android Auto which allows me to play stored music, navigate etc.  This is very robust and has worked consistently well since I’ve had the car, better than other cars I’ve owned.

Thanks Ernie

That's a bit of a disappointment.

36 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

Thanks Ernie

That's a bit of a disappointment.

Totally agree my last car had two which was very useful.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links