Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alloy Wheels

hatpro

I know I've asked a similar question before but things just got more complicated.

I have ordered a set of alloy wheels for my "soon to be delivered", nearly new, imported, 'K' reg. Lucida X Ltd. I thought 17" would look good as I have seen some about on an Estima and was inpressed.

So I found a place doing a really good deal - TSW Evo III's over £100 less than anyone else for wheels and tyres!

Trouble is - they emailed me today to say that they think I should have different tyres to the type in their special offer. (Story of my life!).

So instead of the 205/40/17's they think I should have some 225/55/17's like they would normally fit to a UK spec. Previa. (Of course they are just about £100 dearer!).

Does anybody out there have 17" alloys on their Estima? Are they the same as the Previa? I just want to be sure that they won't scrub on the arches or something. (I had a bad experience with a VW Passat in France once).

I hope someone out there can help on this - but no panic. I have a month before the "special offer" expires and two before the car arrives!

I'm sure others will explain better but I'm looking at getting 17's for mine and you need 55 or 60 profiles so you don't change the overall diameter of the wheel too much.

It would effect your speedo if they were the wrong diameter and possibly have an effect on the auto box.

There is a pinned thread in the wheels and tyres forum with a tyre size calculator which explains things better but after looking around i'm sure you will find you need 215/55/17 or 225/55/17 or even 225/60/17.

Hope I have helped and not just confused things.

Thanks Gareth

I just checked out a tyre size calculator on the web and found that the 225/55-17's are about right. The wheels are exactly the same as a Previa (and a few other Toyotas) so the originals are something like 215/65-15's. This means that my new ones will be about 0.7 inches bigger in diameter which translates into a 2.7% under reading of the speedo. I'll have to watch those revenue generating cameras!

If I go for 225/50-17's the figures work out almost spot on (4mm smaller dia. with 0.6% under reading) but I need to check out how easy it is to find that tyre profile.

Thanks again for your help and interest.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links