Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hive EV Single S-line charger

George Dodds

Hi, just had my charger fitted by British Gas, engineer gave me a Hive number and pin to register my charger with the Hive app, unsuccessful so far.

Has anyone else had any problems or success in getting the Hive app to work. Thanks. 

Yes George

It took about 10 days for BG to get the info. from Allen to remedy the issue. I could still charge - but that was it. No app. to oversee or anything. Now that the app. is operating I will take time to see what functionality it brings.

Curiously, I also mentioned that the Alien app. (MyEve) wouldn't operate either. This was their reply:

'I believe the myEve app needs the charger to be connected to WI-FI (IP address), but this is not a feature that our chargers are set up for I am afraid; they are connected via mobile phone signal only.

The Hive app would be the way to go in this instance.

Did you want your charger set up as a plug and charge or did you want to use it via a schedule facility? As I may be able to refresh that at my end'.

Hi, many thanks for the info.

Looks like the App (iOS at least) has been updated to now accept the HIVEnnnnnn reference.  All set up now and still waiting on BG to reply to my query 🙂

10 hours ago, ScottD said:

Looks like the App (iOS at least) has been updated to now accept the HIVEnnnnnn reference.  All set up now and still waiting on BG to reply to my query 🙂

Thanks for the info but I’ve just deleted the app and re installed it but still not working when I enter my codes, maybe just me ? 
its still version 10.48.0 (11)

Strange - my IOS app version looks to be the same 10.48.0 (11)   It updated automatically a few days back and just went in to add a new EV charger and the HIVE prefix was now available.  Only BGS and EH had been available before the update.  

AD86707E-9E73-4742-98D3-A7B58C1B6FEB.jpeg

4 hours ago, ScottD said:

Strange - my IOS app version looks to be the same 10.48.0 (11)   It updated automatically a few days back and just went in to add a new EV charger and the HIVE prefix was now available.  Only BGS and EH had been available before the update.  

Good to know the update is done or on its way, mine is still the old menu showing BHS and Pin, hopefully will update here soon, many thanks. 

On 3/17/2022 at 12:13 PM, ScottD said:

Hi, all sorted now thanks. I was told by BG that an update was needed & would call me in a week. I guess they thought I might have figured it out by then! I now realise that when holding the BGH icon you can select a drop down HIVE menu, in your photo. Silly me! 😂 & even more silly the BG app software developer! 🤪

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links