Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rough start and egr flow fault and engine control system fault

Ahmed Saleh

It’s a 2.2 d4d 2007 Toyota Avensis came to garage as none runner. Egr flow fault and engine control system. Replaced the part car running fine for week and customer come back in complaining rough start and engine light is back on. Checked the codes injection fault and egr flow fault and engine control system fault. Car was start white smoke so much and sound like miss fire so changed the  Fuel filter, injectors and cleaned the inlet manifold and egr again cause a week old one was all sooted looked clogged since it was under warranty got it replaced. After doing all that it was still give fault code for egr flow fault and engine control system so did wiring tests on the egr and mass air flow sensor they all share same ecu operated ground and continuity test on the wiring both reading fine And than made call for faulty engine control system. And car giving still same fault code for egr flow and engine control system. Remember one thing in whole process after 10 minutes starting the engine it automatically stop misfire and white smoke sound like nothings was wrong with vehicle. I have done compression testing and leaking down test both was fine. And during the process of investigation reason making call for faulty ecu we notice the egr valve never shuts when engine is running but when turn ignition on sometimes it opens and than shut after couple seconds but sometimes it stuck open. And the turbo waste flap constantly sucking vaccum and keeping waste gate open when engine running. But if we remove pipe of the waste the engine run or engine reach 70 degrees temperature runs fine. I got little lag in maf sensor and coolant temperature seem reading but going change that too tomorrow but I don’t know if that going fix the egr flow and vsc fault for the engine control system anyone know can help would be idle. otherwise I am going to get that egr remapped out

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links