Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Armster Armrest

Gtiaps

Hi all 

So after doing alot of searching for an armrest for the wife's Yaris which in my opinion ought to have from factory i finished up opting for the Armster 2 Black & Grey.

Armrest received and fitted really impressed with the quality and fit its almost OEM and the colour match to the wife's Yaris GR Sport interior is near identical.

its not the cheapest by along shot but it was more the look and style as Sue didn't want one but i did being use to armrests when driving having somewhere for the left arm to sit for comfort 😉 

• Like 1

Totally agree with all you have said. I had one in my last Yaris (Mk3) and it was excellent in every way.

• Like 1

I did fit one to my Mk 3 and it's possibly a rare issue, but it wouldn't remain in the upright position. Even with light braking down it would flop. Yes, it is intended as an armrest, but should stay put when raised! Also, when down, it required an arm/wrist contortion to reach the handbrake. I wasn't too impressed about it being attached to the centre console either. Only because the armrest is as stable as the wobbly centre console.

I did contact Armster and they confirmed there was no easy way to increase the hinge friction. It was returned and a refund obtained because it was deemed faulty.

Otherwise, yes, a good product which matches the interior trim perfectly. The too expensive Toyota so-called armrest is a much better fixing method, to the seat rails.

I did inquire at toyota about a genuine armrest to be informed they don't do them for the 2019.

Handbrake issue i know what you mean Sue hated hers in the Scirocco but as that was fixed it didn't lift however in the Yaris as its mounted how it is for Sue its well back as she drives and it does stay upright.

Its more for me being 6ft 4 and like the comfort of it even though as she said I don't drive it often its there when I do 😀

2 hours ago, Gtiaps said:

I did inquire at toyota about a genuine armrest to be informed they don't do them for the 2019.

Handbrake issue i know what you mean Sue hated hers in the Scirocco but as that was fixed it didn't lift however in the Yaris as its mounted how it is for Sue its well back as she drives and it does stay upright.

Its more for me being 6ft 4 and like the comfort of it even though as she said I don't drive it often its there when I do 😀

As a matter of interest Neil, how much did your’s cost. I got a very good quality one a couple of years ago from a firm in Italy for my Mark 3, but expensive, it was €150.

4 hours ago, Bernard Foy said:

As a matter of interest Neil, how much did your’s cost. I got a very good quality one a couple of years ago from a firm in Italy for my Mark 3, but expensive, it was €150.

Snap! I ended up getting one of those too! (Wood Company)

image.thumb.png.046c6815cec0a0381930d1378ed09daf.png

(for my Yaris before the last one... also a Mk3)

Good quality though Colin. I took and put it in my wife’s 2015 Yaris, when I traded in mine.🤫

Indeed it was Bernard. Never had any complaints with it. I missed its storage capacity when I got my Mk4!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bernard Foy said:

Hi Bernard 

Yeah I read your post about the woods one prior to ordering the Armster and the cost was £89 purchased through Armster on Amazon as it was cheaper than buying direct funnily enough and with two days delivery it would have been easier to return had it not been as good as it is 😀

I just went into their website, and the one I purchased in 2019 is now increased to €186.30, so they have gotten even more expensive 😡

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links