Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service plan

Martin Allinson

I have just purchased a rav 4 self charging hybrid it has just been serviced at 18000 miles and is 18 month's old and I have been quoted £720 for the next 3 services, is it worth it or can  I get the plan cheaper elsewhere, as I like the idea of paying for three upfront, I usually do about 8000 per year,

Thank you 

Martin

Toyota service intervals are 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

Just to clarify, was the service just undertaken the 2 year/20,000 mile Full service?

The next one is the intermittent in April 23 then full then intermittent again 

1 minute ago, Martin Allinson said:

The next one is the intermittent in April 23 then full then intermittent again 

Just incase you don't know, road side assistance only lasts for one year with Toyota. Toyota charge £7 a month for for full UK/EU cover.

Service costs are currently £190 Intermediate and £340 Full.

So your service plan is priced correctly at £720 for two Intermediates and one Full.

Suppose you could get it cheaper from an Independent, but you would have to keep adequate records of what each service included in case of a warranty claim. Independent garages won't have access to Toyota's electronic service records.

The service plan would fix your service costs for the duration of the plan.

As regards Toyota Roadside Assistance, if the car was bought from a Toyota dealer, I would expect it will have come with 12 months Toyota Roadside Assistance.

If I was in your situation and can afford it I’d take out a plan what I mean by that is with all the price rises I’d expect it to go up if you pay yearly , I’ve a five year service plan on a merc for this reason . On my Toyota car I service myself and have noticed each time I buy the parts and oil they’ve gone up . 

• Like 1

I've just taken out a service plan for mine. It includes free wiper and bulb fitting. Wipers I usually do myself, but bulb replacement can be a pain at times. At least I know my service prices are fixed for the next few years.

• Like 1

I purchased a service plan when I purchased our Aygo recently for two reasons, firstly I was going to do use the dealership anyway so I could qualify for the relax warranty and also to fix the price.  The way things are going at the moment it is almost certain service costs will go up during the three year period.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got offered service plan with garage but as used carwow and garage was too far I just pay £24pm which works out more than the lump sum but does come with added benefits. 

As for the roadside assistance I am still within my year but wondered if its wise to take a cheap breakdown policy when car is hybrid or best to keep with toyota plan... interested in view. 

17 minutes ago, PAISLEY1903 said:

As for the roadside assistance I am still within my year but wondered if its wise to take a cheap breakdown policy when car is hybrid or best to keep with toyota plan... interested in view. 

Toyota Roadside Assistance is separate to a service plan. Amongst manufacturer breakdown schemes, the Toyota scheme costs approx £84 annually and has been a Which? Recommended Provider (equal second placed) for the last few years.

Third party providers which are also Which? Recommended Providers, in descending order, are AXA, Start Rescue, the AA and LV Britannia Rescue.

20 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Toyota Roadside Assistance is separate to a service plan. Amongst manufacturer breakdown schemes, the Toyota scheme costs approx £84 annually and has been a Which? Recommended Provider (equal second placed) for the last few years.

Third party providers which are also Which? Recommended Providers, in descending order, are AXA, Start Rescue, the AA and LV Britannia Rescue.

Great ! Wife is with start rescue I might just join her !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links