Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


yaris t sport 2002 help with price


Recommended Posts

Looking to buy a t sport for my nephew for his first car , we have been looking for months but only rust buckets for high prices are out there.

A friend had a garage find 2 weeks ago from a women , 2 owns from new , been in garage for past 2 and a bit years , under 36k on the clock , full history

mint inside , body work 9/10 just has 2 small scraches on bumper .  He had it for a silly price they were thinking of getting the scrap man to take it .

What price do you all think its worth ?  it will be mot this week with new brake pads,springs  4 new tyres and Battery .  Hes told me a price what he would sell for i will post it up after ive had some replys . ive added some photos as well . Thanks for looking .

miles.jpg

front car.jpg

side car.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Depend on age of the new driver, i doubt you will get insurance on it at an affordable price as it's group 15, and it's a 3 door

£1500-3K

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah you've come in at an unfortunate time - You're being hit with a double-whammy of second hand car prices going up, and the little T-Sport having a small resurgence in popularity because it's one of the cheapest hot/warm hatches to insure for a new driver and people looking for a vaguely economical but still fun sporty car that is reliable, or something they can make into a track toy without spending loads of money. A lot of people have fond memories of them now they've grown up and that nostalgia has pushed the prices up a bit too.

They would have been £1k-1.5 a few years ago but seem to be inching up to the £2-3k mark.

Zach sold his one to Calvin's Car Diaries for £2300 a few months ago, and that was a seriously riced example! :laugh: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure that it’s the safest option for a new driver and first car. It will provide a temptation to find out the capabilities of the car and may lead to danger. Plus the yearly insurance cost for a first time driver might cost more than the price of the car itself. So a lot to take into consideration.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Not sure that it’s the safest option for a new driver and first car. It will provide a temptation to find out the capabilities of the car and may lead to danger. Plus the yearly insurance cost for a first time driver might cost more than the price of the car itself. So a lot to take into consideration.

insurance is not a problem , just under £800 on his mums cover.

this yaris must be 1 of the best in the uk not seen another with 35k on the clock 1 owner from new part from th fella who has it now  .  Theres rust heaps for sale for over 2k atm .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Yeah you've come in at an unfortunate time - You're being hit with a double-whammy of second hand car prices going up, and the little T-Sport having a small resurgence in popularity because it's one of the cheapest hot/warm hatches to insure for a new driver and people looking for a vaguely economical but still fun sporty car that is reliable, or something they can make into a track toy without spending loads of money. A lot of people have fond memories of them now they've grown up and that nostalgia has pushed the prices up a bit too.

They would have been £1k-1.5 a few years ago but seem to be inching up to the £2-3k mark.

Zach sold his one to Calvin's Car Diaries for £2300 a few months ago, and that was a seriously riced example! :laugh: 

how meny did it have on the clock ? was it show room ?   the fella is looking for 3500

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zach's one? Not sure exactly, but well over 100,000 miles IIRC!! :laugh: 

I feel you can probably haggle them down a bit tho'.

One thing - If it's a private sale, do a full check on it, and read through the service history, as if it's a lemon you don't get anywhere near as much protection under the law than if you got it from a dealer.

If you have a mate who knows about cars who can look it over, drag them along too.

At the very least, put the reg into the .gov.uk MOT history checker ( https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk), and maybe get a HPI or at least something like cartextcheck.

 

35 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Not sure that it’s the safest option for a new driver and first car. It will provide a temptation to find out the capabilities of the car and may lead to danger. Plus the yearly insurance cost for a first time driver might cost more than the price of the car itself. So a lot to take into consideration.

It's okay - It's not so powerful a new driver will get into trouble, as you need to build the revs.

I'd say the Mk1's in general are very good cars for a new driver - They're very reliable, and because of the way the steering is set up, they train you to be a good driver as they are very understeery - They start to communicate understeer to with plenty of time for you to do something about it (Unlike e.g. my Fiesta which was GRIP GRIP GRIP DITCH), and the thing can stop hard because the car is so light, as long as it has decent rubber on it!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Zach's one? Not sure exactly, but well over 100,000 miles IIRC!! :laugh: 

 

It's okay - It's not so powerful a new driver will get into trouble, as you need to build the revs.

I'd say the Mk1's in general are very good cars for a new driver - They're very reliable, and because of the way the steering is set up, they train you to be a good driver as they are very understeery - They start to communicate understeer to with plenty of time for you to do something about it (Unlike e.g. my Fiesta which was GRIP GRIP GRIP DITCH), and the thing can stop hard because the car is so light, as long as it has decent rubber on it!

 

will be having a black box for first year anyways to stop him haha . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Get one of those blackbox warning stickers for the back then so random Fiestas don't try and race him! :laugh: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share





×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership