Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Tyres

Ian Reid 1958

It's funny that he shares my view on eco LRR tyres :laugh: 

• Like 2

On 7/3/2022 at 8:06 PM, Cyker said:

Overtightened nuts is nothing new; It's partly why I carry a scaffolding pole in the boot!

Even worse is when they gun on the security nut as well! Told one place off and they got really shirty (The old "I've been doing this for xyz years never had a problem"), so was another place added to my banned list. I wonder if they'd be up for paying for a full replacement when they sheared off the fragile security pattern off the end or try and blame it on the customer...

Last time I had 2 new tyres fitted when I returnd home I backed off the bolt & re-torqued them to 103Nm (Yaris)

• Like 2

I know people stuck after removing wheel nuts, but need a heavy hammer to force the wheel off the hub with a hard blow to the tyre.

Usually wheel has not been off in years

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 6:48 PM, Cyker said:

It's funny that he shares my view on eco LRR tyres :laugh: 

Not just yours... When it comes to tyres, I believe that the first priority should be safety. In the dry, almost every tyre does well. The problem is in the wet... And in those conditions, safety is paramount.

I do not believe that the obsession for fuel economy should take precedence over safety. Your safety and others.

• Like 2

Last few nights I saw so many cars with punctures and stranded on the motorways around London., there were also quite few broken down cars  with bonnet open high, most likely overheating. It seems the heat has taken its toll. I wonder whether those people been driving with low pressure in their tyres and in combination with extremely hot asphalt they had blown tyres. Many of those where seating on their bare wheels only, no tyres left, just a bit of rim in peaces. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links