Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone have any updates on when the bZ4x will be shipped to Ireland

DíarmuidIRL

The rumor that Toyota was going to call back all the currently built BZ/Solterra units, scrap them and replace with new was started with an incorrect translation of the current corrective action from Toyota by TorqueNews.  The article stated that the current owners would be given a replacement car free of charge and that the BZ units would be taken back.  They assumed that to be NEW and old ones scrapped.  In reality, it meant that Toyota was giving out loaner cars and taking the defective BZ units until a fix was found and applied.  Since that article, it's propagated around social media.  No backing whatsoever.

Being an Engineer, I cannot see any scenario where Toyota couldn't/wouldn't apply new parts / corrective actions at the port / dealer.

• Like 2

Received an email from my dealership that it will be a Nov/Dec delivery but subject to change ….at last some hope !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Two questions, 1) When you order your Bz4X can you see your car WIN number and track the status of it? 2) Can dealer see cars WIN and track it? 

Why I ask this question: I ordered Bz4X same day recall announced. Thus dealer couldnt put my order through but informed that there is one cancelled Bz4X and they booked it for me. I asked for the vehicle's WIN number to guarantee my order, but the dealer told me they could not see the WIN until the vehicle was delivered to the dealer's site. Can anyone help me? 

Thanks. 

47 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Two questions, 1) When you order your Bz4X can you see your car WIN number and track the status of it? 2) Can dealer see cars WIN and track it? 

Why I ask this question: I ordered Bz4X same day recall announced. Thus dealer couldnt put my order through but informed that there is one cancelled Bz4X and they booked it for me. I asked for the vehicle's WIN number to guarantee my order, but the dealer told me they could not see the WIN until the vehicle was delivered to the dealer's site. Can anyone help me? 

Thanks. 

1. No
  2. No

The number in question is a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and it isn't allocated until the vehicle is actually built.

Dealers can track the status of orders via the order number - and that's what folk have been doing to track the status of their orders, but it requires that the dealer sets up the tracking for you. If the dealer placed the order that has been cancelled they should be able to track it - assuming that that order has not be actually cancelled and that the car is still going to be built eventually.

I believe that was your dealer has told you is correct - the dealer doesn't see the VIN number until the vehicle is delivered to them.

8 hours ago, philip42h said:
  1. No
  2. No

The number in question is a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and it isn't allocated until the vehicle is actually built.

Dealers can track the status of orders via the order number - and that's what folk have been doing to track the status of their orders, but it requires that the dealer sets up the tracking for you. If the dealer placed the order that has been cancelled they should be able to track it - assuming that that order has not be actually cancelled and that the car is still going to be built eventually.

I believe that was your dealer has told you is correct - the dealer doesn't see the VIN number until the vehicle is delivered to them.

Many thanks Philip. I was told that cancalled order cannot be tansferred too. Thus, I cant see any order at my toyota website. In this matter, I dont have any other options than trusting my sales man. 😔

33 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Many thanks Philip. I was told that cancalled order cannot be tansferred too. Thus, I cant see any order at my toyota website. In this matter, I dont have any other options than trusting my sales man. 😔

I think that is the case. My car is a "cancelled order" - it was sitting at Portbury (apparently) when my dealer found it and sold it to me. I never got to track it at all until I saw it on the dealer's forecourt ...

I thought the premise of cancelled orders was that the dealers often randomly order cars that aren’t assigned to customers yet for stock and therefore if a customer cancels an order, they keep the order with Toyota unless it’s something crazy they won’t be able to sell. 

PS, this is general and not model specific. 

My dealer information is slow and fragmented.  My dealer told me my car was about to be built. Toyota, and not the dealer, told me it had been built and Mytoyota shows its progress.  It arrived at the dealer last Thursday. 

I had one missed call on Thursday evening and no reply to follow up phone calls or emails. 

Regarding VIN, you can find this online provided you have your order number and the car has been built.  The order number should be aannnn. 

Got to Mytoyota on a Chrome browser.  Log in. Use Fn F12. Select Network and enter your order number and then Ctrl-R. 

Once loaded there will be a pane with a number of lines.  The first on mine had a start date in July and a final destination date in August. 

Once built you can find the VIN here. 

My final destination date moved from 16th Aug to the 9th.

Apart from the PDI the dealer will be fitting the cameras, applying the smart guard, regeristing and taxing the car and fitting the number plates. 

My selling dealer was on holiday last week so I can guess that no work would begin until he personally instructs the work shop, just in case he knows something that another salesman doesn't.  For instance he has my Battery charging cable that is to be fitted. 

On 8/8/2022 at 10:55 AM, Roy124 said:

PS, this is general and not model specific. 

My dealer information is slow and fragmented.  My dealer told me my car was about to be built. Toyota, and not the dealer, told me it had been built and Mytoyota shows its progress.  It arrived at the dealer last Thursday. 

I had one missed call on Thursday evening and no reply to follow up phone calls or emails. 

Regarding VIN, you can find this online provided you have your order number and the car has been built.  The order number should be aannnn. 

Got to Mytoyota on a Chrome browser.  Log in. Use Fn F12. Select Network and enter your order number and then Ctrl-R. 

Once loaded there will be a pane with a number of lines.  The first on mine had a start date in July and a final destination date in August. 

Once built you can find the VIN here. 

My final destination date moved from 16th Aug to the 9th.

Apart from the PDI the dealer will be fitting the cameras, applying the smart guard, regeristing and taxing the car and fitting the number plates. 

My selling dealer was on holiday last week so I can guess that no work would begin until he personally instructs the work shop, just in case he knows something that another salesman doesn't.  For instance he has my battery charging cable that is to be fitted. 

Thank for detailed explanation! I will wait my dealer. They cant share any order number etc as it is an cancelled order 😔

5 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Thank for detailed explanation! I will wait my dealer. They cant share any order number etc as it is an cancelled order 😔

Do you have any paperwork?  Check if there is an order number. 

Have you checked MyT App?  Is it shown under Purchased?  My purchase was shown with the order number. 

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

Do you have any paperwork?  Check if there is an order number. 

Have you checked MyT App?  Is it shown under Purchased?  My purchase was shown with the order number. 

I do have paperwork. There is one Order.ID but this is only between me and my dealer. They couldnt put my order through Toyota UK because of the recall. 

How it happend:

1) First day: I signed documents

2) Second day: my sales man was on holiday. No progress. 

3) Third day: I got finance approval and same day global recall. Dealer couldnt put my order in the toyota system. 😊 What a luck! 

But later on he informed me that there is one cancelled order. They booked that car for me. Exatcly same car and trim, he said. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2022 at 4:13 PM, bZ4X said:

Anyone got any updates regarding deliveries 

Called my dealer today.   Said car will definitely be launched and mentioned Sept/Oct but from what I hear elsewhere  it is probably Nov/Dec.   Apparently the plant in Japan opens on the 6th Sept so I would expect some update then……I don’t think anyone knows for sure until the make an announcement …

12 minutes ago, Good girl said:

Called my dealer today.   Said car will definitely be launched and mentioned Sept/Oct but from what I hear elsewhere  it is probably Nov/Dec.   Apparently the plant in Japan opens on the 6th Sept so I would expect some update then……I don’t think anyone knows for sure until the make an announcement …

What delaers tell their assumptions or just rumors 😊. Just dont loose your hope but some say postponed to June 2023! As long as we dont hear from Toyota Japan directly,  we won't really know what is going on. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ordered 11 months ago in Dublin ….still no word on delivery…anyone heard if their cars are on the way?  I’ve seen a few bz taxis around ……

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I was thinking there would be a good few cars around to fulfil outstanding orders with all of the cancelled orders.  Apparently I was wrong.

In limbo at the moment.

• 1 month later...

Anyone been given a delivery date in March in Ireland for their car?

On 3/10/2023 at 10:28 AM, Goodgirl said:

Anyone been given a delivery date in March in Ireland for their car?

My delivery date was still showing 20 March at the start of last week, not sure when it will come to me though. 

That’s according to the dealer’s system, hope it right, have my charger going in on Wednesday and so looking forward to it arriving 

i got mine in early Feb.  class car!  the s/w update in May will be good too.  i only saw one other in Ireland so far

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DíarmuidIRL said:

My delivery date was still showing 20 March at the start of last week, not sure when it will come to me though. 

I was told delivery 16th March ….but that was a while ago…so it probably is 20th too…there must be a ship docking then …

• Like 1

I picked up mine in January. I had originally ordered in June 22 but I got offered & accepted a cancellation. My dealer said in January that my original order would not be in the country till March / April 23. BTW it's a really nice car to drive. I am very happy with it so far. I saw 3 other BZ's on the road today between Wicklow & Howth.     

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 11:46 PM, Tom_Dww said:

I picked up mine in January. I had originally ordered in June 22 but I got offered & accepted a cancellation. My dealer said in January that my original order would not be in the country till March / April 23. BTW it's a really nice car to drive. I am very happy with it so far. I saw 3 other BZ's on the road today between Wicklow & Howth.     

I'm up and down the N11 from Ashford daily and the only one I've seen so far is a white taxi.  Collecting mine on Tuesday, very excited 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links