Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris cross motion sensor

Pete Madd

Hi, I will shortly be taking a ferry and need to disable the motion sensor, if there is one, to stop alarm sounding if rough.

Any ideas please.

Pete. Yaris Cross 2021

Don't think there is one, just doors open alarm, my be wrong.

• Thanks 1

The factory fit alarm system on hybrid Yaris / Yaris Cross isn't Thatcham approved so it's highly unlikely to have a motion or inclination sensor fitted.

• Thanks 1

Is the alarm  only set by pressing the key fob? If so, just lock the doors with the physical key. 

Yes, the alarm is armed/disarmed by either the wireless keyfob, or smart entry. So using the mechanical key is a way to deactivate the alarm.

But it is a non-issue anyway as the the alarm is door and hood switches only.

• Like 1

I am surprised.  My Corolla has a button on the roof, central and further back than the interior light panel.  You press this to disable the alarm. 

When the car is garaged and not locked there is a red flashing light on the dash.  It goes out.  Same when you lock the car.  AFAIK the Corolla alarm is Thatcham approved. 

Worth checking. 

Lock the car with physical key is the best and only option. Interior button is for interior sensor disable only. Shock sensors are still operational. I remember this is what I did when used my car to cross the channel. 👍

59 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

I am surprised.  My Corolla has a button on the roof, central and further back than the interior light panel.  You press this to disable the alarm. 

When the car is garaged and not locked there is a red flashing light on the dash.  It goes out.  Same when you lock the car.  AFAIK the Corolla alarm is Thatcham approved. 

Worth checking. 

UK spec Feb 2019 onward built Corolla hybrid have a Thatcham cat 1 alarm system factory fitted.

None of the Yaris / Yaris Cross hybrids have a Thatcham compliant alarm factory fitted.

Any factory fitted alarm on a hybrid Yaris / Yaris Cross will be a basic system.

• Thanks 1

It's a basic alarm unless you have the tilt alarm add on

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have only just joined the Forum and spotted this. We had our new Cross in June and within a couple of weeks crossed from Plymouth to Roscoff. The dealer's advice was to lock the car three times in succession. I guess it worked as after a long overnight crossing the car was fine next day. On leaving Roscoff I bought several cases of duty free wine and about an hour after leaving helped to take the cases down to the car deck. The alarms and lights were silent, so I assume the triple locking had worked.

Can you explain how to lock the car three times in succession? Is this with the remote, or key. I'm not sure I understand how it's done 😕 

I assume he means pressing the lock button three times or twisting the key three times (e.g. like if you want to deadlock the doors you press lock twice or twist the key to lock twice)

That's what I'm trying to understand. Do I lock three times with the key, do I press the lock button three times on the remote, or do I lock it three times with the smart key lock on the door handle? I'd rather make sure than having the alarm go off when I don't want it to. 

I'm assuming any of the above would work, but I'll defer to the poster for clarification!!

• Like 1

Page 86 of the owner’s manual states the alarm system can only be triggered by the opening of a door or the hood.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links