Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rattling Panoramic Roof

Chriss27

Hi my 22 reg Corolla Pano Roof has started to rattle in the tilt position when going over harsh road bumps? Anyone else had the same issue ? I can replicate noise by putting very slight pressure on one corner. I will get it booked into the dealer but wanted to know if anyone else has same issue. Thanks in advance 

• Like 1

Hi Chris

I also have this problem, my main dealer said they couldn’t find anything wrong. It still happens but only on really rough roads.

Silicone grease might be of some help here. 👍

• Thanks 1

This has been mentioned before on the forum from another user he took his car to the dealer ( can you believe dealer said it’s for ventilation when parked ! ).

mine does it sometimes dealer couldn’t find nothing wrong I just live with it although during hot weather I use the electric blind to help keep the interior cooler and I either have the moon roof either fully open or shut when I use it

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I have a 1999 Citroen Xantia, and like all older cars the sunroof just slide backwards under the roof. This is a much better system as the opening is larger. There is also a deflector that pops up to eliminated any buffeting.

I had the same problem on my corolla hybrid with a panoramic roof rattling when it was I the tilted position I sprayed silicon grease on the mechanism which reduce the rattling .

It took alot of practice to get the roof in the correct position to tilt the roof before it slid back.

• Thanks 1

If you can apply grease instead of spray it might help even a little bit more 👌

• Like 2

I had the same issue in 2020. The rattle would be audible when going over speed bumps and rough roads. The dealer was able to rectify the issue. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hussain17 said:

I had the same issue in 2020. The rattle would be audible when going over speed bumps and rough roads. The dealer was able to rectify the issue. 

Good to hear 

Late 20 hybrid TS here, perhaps I've been lucky as no issues with mine.

• Like 1

I remember the previous post on the rattling pan roof so I checked ours and it rattled!  I was going to bring it up at its last service but we never use the pan roof on tilt so I didn't bother.  There was also a similar thread in the RAV4 forum and I saved this from it.  It may be worth searching for that because I seem to recall it being stated that it also applied to the Corolla?

ToyotaMoonroof.jpg

• Like 1

Hi had same issue last month and this was fixed by my local dealer. They had to replace my roof

• 2 weeks later...

My car has stayed in over night as they state there is an issue with a bracket that is causing rattle and needs replacing so need to remove the pan roof 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Chriss27 said:

My car has stayed in over night as they state there is an issue with a bracket that is causing rattle and needs replacing so need to remove the pan roof 

Well must have been the bracket as they advised as pano roof beck to as it should be, quiet. great result by Toyota dealer 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have recently got my corolla, I am also having issue with rattling when sunroof on tilt. I have taken it to my local dealer who have contacted toyota for a fix. Currently waiting to heat back for it to be repaired.

Apparently it's the same issue as the rav4 but they need confirmation from toyota before repairing.

On 7/26/2022 at 8:53 PM, JWG said:

Hi had same issue last month and this was fixed by my local dealer. They had to replace my roof

Update- following replacement of my sun roof by Toyota engineer themselves, I am afraid the rattling noise has come back again. Just wondering where do I stand in terms of how many chances do I give them before taking it further.

thanks

Just wondering if anyone could assist me on this reocurring issue please

Bought toyota in Oct 2020 on PCP with part exchange 

First visit was to Toyota dealer to repair the sunroof because of the rattling noise in May- the whole of the sunroof was replaced 
Second visit was in June as the rattling noise reoccured. 
Toyota technician came down in July to replace the sunroof again

There was no noise from the sunroof until today where I heard some slight sounds that resembled rattling.

Where do I stand in term of my rights?

How many chances do I give Toyota to fix the problem?

Can I return the car for refund? If yes how much will  be refunded bearing in mind I have had use the car for last 2 years.

Thanks

This clip from amd should prove useful. It's a very skilled process to make it right. They are pretty standard with Lexus. Your cut-out for the sunroof is Probably a little oversized and can't be fixed unless a thicker seal could be used

They won't replace the car for a rattle until they have once again tried to fix it. It's under a 10-year warranty subject to terms. i would mention to them that they have one more chance for a fix, and failing that you will seek a replacement car. 

Make sure that head office are aware of the history of what's been done to date 

Evening 

Thank you all for your valuable information 

On 9/7/2022 at 3:55 PM, JWG said:

Update- following replacement of my sun roof by Toyota engineer themselves, I am afraid the rattling noise has come back again. Just wondering where do I stand in terms of how many chances do I give them before taking it further.

thanks

Have you spoken to your local dealer about this and after how long did the fault appear again.

On 9/7/2022 at 6:50 PM, JWG said:

Evening 

Thank you all for your valuable information 

Ask them to look at the bracket which fixed my issue 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chriss27 said:

Ask them to look at the bracket which fixed my issue 

I am taking car in this coming Thursday. Will update

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links