Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

CVT transmission oil change

Budz

Has anyone on here done a cvt transformation oil change on their Verso-s regardless they says it's sealed and no services to be done during the lifetime of the car?

If you did, how did it went? Did you feel a difference in the cars performance?

Also, where did you get it done and at what cost you?

On 7/25/2022 at 7:00 PM, Budz said:

Has anyone on here done a cvt transformation oil change on their Verso-s regardless they says it's sealed and no services to be done during the lifetime of the car?

If you did, how did it went? Did you feel a difference in the cars performance?

Also, where did you get it done and at what cost you?

Verso S is basically an elevated Yaris I believe. I did a CVT oil change on mine recently...Toyota charged £150 due to the cost of fluids being so high they said. They kept the car for 3 days because the bung wouldn't go back in they said so they ordered a new one at their own expense of course (probably only a few quid for the part). The car always drove nicely at 73K but I did it as a precautionary measure. 

22 hours ago, irahim said:

Verso S is basically an elevated Yaris I believe. I did a CVT oil change on mine recently...Toyota charged £150 due to the cost of fluids being so high they said. They kept the car for 3 days because the bung wouldn't go back in they said so they ordered a new one at their own expense of course (probably only a few quid for the part). The car always drove nicely at 73K but I did it as a precautionary measure. 

Did you feel any difference at all after the cvt oil change in terms of pick up wise or gear changing eise?

Whats BUNG please?

No change in the driving. It was always very smooth...I think Toyota CVTs are just very good transmissions but I like to take precaution on these issues. Even my last car -  a Previa, I would change the auto transmission oil every 4-5 years and it never gave me any trouble. 
The bung is just the plug keeping the oil in the reservoir I believe. As I say , Toyota made me wait an extra two days until it had arrived and they'd completed the procedure which makes me believe they didn't just park it up  and rip me off. 

Don't just leave it without a transmission change. Especially when it probably only requires one change in the time you'll keep it. 

26 minutes ago, irahim said:

No change in the driving. It was always very smooth...I think Toyota CVTs are just very good transmissions but I like to take precaution on these issues. Even my last car -  a Previa, I would change the auto transmission oil every 4-5 years and it never gave me any trouble. 
The bung is just the plug keeping the oil in the reservoir I believe. As I say , Toyota made me wait an extra two days until it had arrived and they'd completed the procedure which makes me believe they didn't just park it up  and rip me off. 

Don't just leave it without a transmission change. Especially when it probably only requires one change in the time you'll keep it. 

True! This is why I was thinking to do it at mine now on 77k.

I got the car 7 weeks ago and still getting used to this engine brake thing. Its a bit annoying tbh.

Could you please dome a bit fat favour kindly? Could you pls check on your dashboard where the rev gauge is to if any indicator light comes up when you turn the head lights on ( low beam) ? Mine doesn't. The only indicator is when the Highbeam is on with the Blue indicator light. Not sure if my dashboard light has blown out or not relates to the head light. 

Please check it for me when you get a chance kindly. Tia!

dash is different , I wouldn't know. 
I'd throw it out on the forum. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 11:35 PM, irahim said:

Booked in for mid September with my Toyota dealer. They quote me £99 including vat. Believe its a good price.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links