Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone installed Eibach springs in non SR Auris?

Slippy One

It's time to replace the springs and gas shocks on my 125k mile 2007 Auris. My model isn't the sport version, but noticed the Eibach springs are good value compared to Sachs, which are over double the price. Anyone successfully added sports springs to a standard car without compromising ride/safety? 

Cheers

Yeah, and Eibach spacers too. This is on the standard 1.6 though so the drop was 30mm. Improved handling immensely. No detrimental effect to ride comfort at all either. I’m still running 16” wheels though. 

@MrZardozCheers, that's great to know, the Sachs springs are £105 each, Eibachs only £55 each. I'm replacing the shocks and springs next week, great to know they work on non SR Auris. I did notice they were 3cm shorter. Still slightly worried about the speed bumps in my area, some that are a bit jarring, should I be worried about scraping the sump? This car doesn't see motorways often.. 🙂

#forgot to add, I'm keeping the 16" wheels too, cheaper tyres than the 225 45 r17's needed for the SR wheels. Not sure if your spacers are for looks or improvement? 

No issue with ride height for bumps for me personally. The spacers were for looks mainly, but I guess the wider stance helps a bit too. If your replacing struts for new too yours will sit a bit higher than my originals, they’re old but astonishingly my Auris has only done 28k! Sump fine, the plug if I remember rightly is tucked away at the back, again no issues. Go for it!

• Like 1

Good price on the springs, I got mine from Poland for £165? Cheaper than UK, just before Brexit/Covid madness though so was lucky.

Pics to see how it’s sat, excuse the dirt, been away camping (no issues across fields actually either), As you can see it’s hardly ‘slammed’ just tightened up the ride.

B81C71F2-FDE7-475D-A10C-6627EB54AC66.jpeg

19E94A4F-2828-4A53-B73C-5848C5184B93.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/1/2022 at 10:24 PM, Slippy One said:

It's time to replace the springs and gas shocks on my 125k mile 2007 Auris. My model isn't the sport version, but noticed the Eibach springs are good value compared to Sachs, which are over double the price. Anyone successfully added sports springs to a standard car without compromising ride/safety? 

Cheers

Hello , I have a non sport D-CAT auris , my question is, is it ok to just put the Eibach springs on the stock shocks? Thanks

9 hours ago, mu.aw said:

Hello , I have a non sport D-CAT auris , my question is, is it ok to just put the Eibach springs on the stock shocks? Thanks

This depends on what springs you are getting. If stock replacement yes, you can use the stock shocks. If coil overs then these comes as a set together with shocks. If the car is old and has some mileage and shocks has be worn better but new shocks too. 

Thanks 

I just bought the Eibach prokit springs ... the stock shocks are not in very good situation.

But should I easily replace the old shocks with new stock shocks and put the Eibach springs on it ? Eibach says the springs are designed to work with stock shocks,but the mechanic says not recommended .

Thanks alot

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links