Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tsport MPG.

Rhymes with Paris

I posted somewhere about my tsport averaging around 32-33 MPG in winter on town runs, and before I realized that I could re set the average every fill up or trip. 🙄Doh!

Today, had a nice run to Woodhall spa and back for lunch and an ice cream.

Quite a lot of gear changes, and a lot of 3rd and 4th work on the Twisties.

Checked the av on return and it reads 44.5 ,so really pleased with this.

Nowhere near diesel or hybrid I know, but I think ok for one of these.

• Like 3

It's very good, esp. for a T-Sport! My supposedly economical Mk2 would get similar but be a lot less fun I suspect!

Aye Cyker, it was a bit of fun too, I enjoyed pushing the right peddle a bit out of the many bends.

Nice and stable ride, gripped like on rails.

These fen roads can be a bit up and down aswell,so I think the suspension is still working right,a lot of newer cars have come to grief on these roads, as evidenced by the local news sadly reporting a lot of in the ditch type accidents.

At one point a newish Merc was pushing behind, and while I do not engage in road racing, just driving normally he kept disappearing for a while in and out of the bends, and indeed some of the straights.

• Like 1

It is a nice feeling when you loose a bigger more powerful car in the bendy bits :laugh: 

I do prefer smaller cars for this reason; You just can't drive like that in a hausfrauenpanzer!

I've been finding I have to be a lot more progressive with the accelerator in the Mk4 because if e.g. I floor it, it literally tries to give maximum power immediately instead of the revs naturally progressively building up like in a normal car, so it's really easy to break traction and trigger the traction control on loose/dirt-coated surfaces! :eek: 

I've seen enough cars that have misjudged something and ended up in hedges, treelines and culverts - sometimes upside-down! - and have no wish to join them!! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

Not even sure if there is traction control on this one, but didn't see any lights come on.

I know what you mean about progressive, with this old tsport, you can floor it out of the bend, and the acceleration is linear.

I am guessing that with the vvt system, there is no coming on cam, with a sudden increase in power.

It must take a bit of "learning the car"with the hybrids I think, I am assuming that they are fwd .

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links