Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Recommended Posts

My car is currently parked in my drive, where it has been for 3 days. 

MyT reports it being 5 miles away and in motion.  Does Toyota support actually test and maintain this app I wonder 🤔 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Tel_man said:

My car is currently parked in my drive, where it has been for 3 days. 

MyT reports it being 5 miles away and in motion.  Does Toyota support actually test and maintain this app I wonder 🤔 

Sorry to say this is a huge flaw currently - mine does not track all routes (but it did first 6 weeks of having the car) then Easter it went completely wrong.

Something to do with the DCM and not being in a good reception area to pick up and monitor correctly.  Toyota's response to me was to "drive into an area with good reception until it picks you up"...

Still waiting for Toyota to get my car in and get sorted.

It is a little bit hit and miss to be honest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's nothing new. Sometimes my app tells me i'm parked 3 miles away at my daughters house. I would have been earlier in the day but then i came home. On the weekend i travelled 130 miles but my app hasn't recorded any of those journey's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tech429 said:

Sorry to say this is a huge flaw currently - mine does not track all routes (but it did first 6 weeks of having the car) then Easter it went completely wrong.

Something to do with the DCM and not being in a good reception area to pick up and monitor correctly.  Toyota's response to me was to "drive into an area with good reception until it picks you up"...

Still waiting for Toyota to get my car in and get sorted.

It is a little bit hit and miss to be honest.

Mine tracked all my journeys for about the first two months but then stopped all of a sudden and I no longer have the option when I log into MyT.

 

Thank fully I have access to another way, a bit expensive but very reliable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/23/2022 at 12:50 PM, Tel_man said:

My car is currently parked in my drive, where it has been for 3 days. 

MyT reports it being 5 miles away and in motion.  Does Toyota support actually test and maintain this app I wonder 🤔 

Mine is the same. I drove to the East Coast and MyT said my car was parked at a reservoir where I went for a walk 2 days earlier. No record of 5 separate journeys since. I attempted a software update which failed for the umpteenth time with Error Code 110 but did manage to update the car's location to where it is now parked with no trace of how it got here! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Tech429 said:

How are you all holding up with this issue?  Still having problems?

Yes, I have just sent another email to myt@toyota.co.uk with the case number they are supposed to be investigating. Mine came up with a ghost journey on Saturday along a route I didn’t use on Friday. It hardly ever reports the car’s correct location and only tracks about half the journeys I make. Still getting Error 110 on trying to run the software update and waiting for dealer appointment to update by USB. Not impressed at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, eyemdee said:

Yes, I have just sent another email to myt@toyota.co.uk with the case number they are supposed to be investigating. Mine came up with a ghost journey on Saturday along a route I didn’t use on Friday. It hardly ever reports the car’s correct location and only tracks about half the journeys I make. Still getting Error 110 on trying to run the software update and waiting for dealer appointment to update by USB. Not impressed at all.

Likewise - although being a Company Car it is frustrating that i can't get this sorted correctly.  Can only imagine what it's like for an owner... especially when new.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tech429 said:

Likewise - although being a Company Car it is frustrating that i can't get this sorted correctly.  Can only imagine what it's like for an owner... especially when new.

My last MY2019 Corolla was the best car I have ever had. This one is the worst by a country mile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Four trips today starting at 9 am.  Nothing recorded in hybrid coaching until over an hour after trip 4, then trip 3 appeared.  Still waiting for the other 3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, eyemdee said:

My last MY2019 Corolla was the best car I have ever had. This one is the worst by a country mile.

How can a 2022 corolla be that much worse than a 2019 corolla? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, camellia30 said:

How can a 2022 corolla be that much worse than a 2019 corolla? 

Everything on the 2019 Corolla worked. The sat nav knew the way without me having to tell it the preferred road, Find My Car showed where the car was parked, not where it was parked sometime last week, and it didn’t keep giving me error messages and asking me for my password! The new multimedia technology and DCM just do not seem to work.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2022 at 9:04 PM, eyemdee said:

Everything on the 2019 Corolla worked. The sat nav knew the way without me having to tell it the preferred road, Find My Car showed where the car was parked, not where it was parked sometime last week, and it didn’t keep giving me error messages and asking me for my password! The new multimedia technology and DCM just do not seem to work.

And it is an issue - Toyota have stated this.

So why can't they sort it out?

More concerned on not being able to make new cars due to material shortages instead of looking after current customers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've taken delivery of a MY22 in the last few weeks and have had none of the issues reported on this forum. Maybe geographically dependent and to do with the strength of the DCM signal? 🤷‍♂️ I live down south. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Tom483 said:

I've taken delivery of a MY22 in the last few weeks and have had none of the issues reported on this forum. Maybe geographically dependent and to do with the strength of the DCM signal? 🤷‍♂️ I live down south. 

@Tom483 Out of interest, do you know what software release your car has if it is new? Its in the Software Update section of the menu under the Model information link. The top item HU SW on mine has just updated from version 1002 to 1020 and I am still having issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, eyemdee said:

@Tom483 Out of interest, do you know what software release your car has if it is new? Its in the Software Update section of the menu under the Model information link. The top item HU SW on mine has just updated from version 1002 to 1020 and I am still having issues.

Have a few version numbers, top 2 are 1020 and 1025

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mine was: 1002, 1021, 1001, 2421, 1001, 1001, 1001, 1001.

Now is: 1020, 1021, 1001, 2421, 1005, 1005, 1001, 1001.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Tom483 said:

I've taken delivery of a MY22 in the last few weeks and have had none of the issues reported on this forum. Maybe geographically dependent and to do with the strength of the DCM signal? 🤷‍♂️ I live down south. 

Mine worked perfectly for 5 or so weeks, then the above issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure on mine - will have to check...

I feel the update is causing the issues?

But Toyota have said this is an issue they are aware of - but for how long and also how long until we get this fixed???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kental said:

Mine worked perfectly for 5 or so weeks, then the above issues.

Same for me too...

All okay until Easter this year then it went wrong.

It amazes me just how much of a problem it is for them to fix.  I mean it is software-based surely and therefore can be updated with the fix then rolled out.

Anything IT based (from a consumer view-point) is a huge pain in the rear-end for all when they can't simply fix something that in theory should be easily fixable.

Even Tom Tom have had major issues with software etc. and even with their web site since January 2021 and even though thousands have complained and told them there is a problem they either ignore it or claim it is being looked at.  Tom Tom issue still not working and it will soon be 2 years on in January.

I think Toyota are also playing this ignoring game on this too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kental said:

Mine was: 1002, 1021, 1001, 2421, 1001, 1001, 1001, 1001.

Now is: 1020, 1021, 1001, 2421, 1005, 1005, 1001, 1001.

Mine same as your new updates...

But i have only updated once since March this year... and that was about July... so the old versions stopped working too - the update has not fixed anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Tech429 said:

Even Tom Tom have had major issues with software etc. and even with their web site since January 2021 and even though thousands have complained and told them there is a problem they either ignore it or claim it is being looked at.  Tom Tom issue still not working and it will soon be 2 years on in January.

I think Toyota are also playing this ignoring game on this too.

That explains a lot. If you look at the License information in Software Updates, it looks like the head unit is Panasonic and Navigation Software is TomTom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kental said:

Mine was: 1002, 1021, 1001, 2421, 1001, 1001, 1001, 1001.

Now is: 1020, 1021, 1001, 2421, 1005, 1005, 1001, 1001.

Yes mine is the same but I cannot say I have noticed much difference. Profile perhaps loads a bit better but journey and location tracking is still sporadic. No difference in Navigation that I have spotted yet. Still tells me to turn left then left again at a roundabout where the screen shows I go right at the top end of the Lincoln Ring Road!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership