Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hilux cranking but not firing

DYEO

Hi all can you help please i have a 2013 hilux 2.5 and today will driving it started been slugish for a mile or so then cut out and wont start at all just cranks over , ive added more fuel incase gauge was wrong changed fuel filter that was black but still no good and theres no codes on dash 

Because it's cranking does mean the ecu is getting the correct voltage,

can you hear the compression when you crank it or does it just whir

check the intake pipework, see if the turbo is spinning free, has it used any oil also see if you have any excess oil in the intake pipework/intercooler

Suction Control valves are a common issue on the 2.5 and 3.0

hi I have a update with the truck I installed a brand new Battery still same but least I know thats good I then borrowed a garages machine and only one fault which was basically saying truck not starting thats all p1604, I then played with fuel primer like before and out of the blue its just fired up and runs ok BUT every time I start it now its cranking over for good 4-5sec before firing and ive got it warm did 8 miles stopped it then restart and still 5 secs to fire any ideas why this could be please hope im getting closer to fault thanks 

• 1 month later...

Maybe air in the fuel lines? My trucks alot older than your one but I had this recently after I had run her very low on fuel. 

My friends 2013 Fabia diesel ran for about 40 yards one day then stopped. Battery was eagerly turning engine over, but no sign of life. Turned out the EGR valve was choked up, and replacing it on a Fabia is a pig of a job and costs £750 and upwards. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links