Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lift kit / raise kit: Toyota Granvia (Grand Hiace) 2001 3.4L Petrol 4WD VCH16-0019542

AGB75

Hi

I am a new member and interested if anyone has done a 2 inch lift, front an back, on a Toyota Granvia 2001 3.4L Petrol 4WD van/MPV.  I run with a bike rack with a bespoke spare tyre mount.  Once the van is loaded with camp gear and a bike plus tyre it would be good to have a bit more clearance; thus the idea to consider a 2 inch lift.

I am researching two options to lift the van:

Option 1 - Lift kit via spacers:

I have seen these https://www.spaccer.com/en_GB/makes-and-models/toyota/granvia-6863 lift kit rings, bespoke made by Spaccer in Germany to suit vehicle.  After speaking with a mechanic about these, the mechanic question was:

"Spacers take up spring range in the suspension of the vehicle and therefore place the spring under a constant slight increase in tension, potentially 'hardening' ride quality."

Option 2 - New Longer Springs and Shocks

Another option seems to be new longer springs and shocks.  This has the advantage of new shocks and springs on an older vehicle, but is it necessary?  I am not a serious off-roader.  The van will be used on tarmac road/normal road 90-95% of time, but on gravel roads/dirt roads for bike and kayaking access, including a few short trips to Europe perhaps.  Clearance will be most important.

Can anyone give any opinion on

Using spacers and effect on ride quality/handling?  Other concerns?  Slight increase in tension on springs?

Using new longer springs / shocks.  Needed?  Pros and Cons vs using spacers?

Any comments much appreciated.  Thanks.

Andy

• 1 year later...

Hey man, 

I'm looking at the same van in Vancouver. Did you end up getting a lift? What did you go for? I'm having a hell of a job finding anything out about the VCH16 model either. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links