Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Hybrid 2016 shape what is realistic MPG on full tank?

Bruce Lea

Everyone knows the manufacturer MPG figures are waaaay out and inaccurate.

Yaris Hybrid 2016 shape what is realistic MPG on full tank?

Yeah the original official NEDC rating of 80-something mpg for the Mk3 was a bit optimistic :laugh: 

The WLTP ratings are at least achievable in the real world, unlike most of the NEDC ones!

It does depend on how it's driven but I've generally seen people get from mid-50's to high 60's on a tank. Individual runs can be higher, and some people have gotten into the 70's but I've not seen that often across a whole tank.

• Like 1

Our 2018 doesn't do a lot of miles (mostly localish with occasional motorway trips). Individual tanks range from 48-64mpg but the average over a year or so (5 tanks) is in the 55-59 range.

Screenshot_20220913_010618_OpenDocument Reader.jpg

I don't pay much attention to getting high mpg, but I am a fairly economical driver normally. I'm sure I could get 60+ if I tried, but at about 2,000 miles a year it's just not worth worrying about.

• Like 2

Realistic figure:

for mk3 50-60mpg

for mk4 60-70mpg. 

Not bad 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

My Mk4's doing 70-80 per tank :naughty: 

70-80 miles per tank?

You want to get that seen to , I get about 320 miles per tank out of the tsport.

• Haha 4

Well my mk4 is doing for this week 67.5 mpg per week, 70.8 mpg per month or 69.6 Yearly.

4 hours ago, MikeSh said:

Never realised the 2016 was a MK4 🤪

Who said it was? 

He's just making a sarcy point that us Mk4 owners have hijacked another thread... :whistling1: :laugh: 

In my defence hijacking threads is practically my purpose in this forum :laugh: 

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Cyker said:

He's just making a sarcy point that us Mk4 owners have hijacked another thread... :whistling1: :laugh: 

In my defence hijacking threads is practically my purpose in this forum :laugh: 

😂 Without you the forum won’t be the same and will be boring 👌 I don’t know if hijacking is your favourite thing but you know how to make people laugh for sure, I don’t know I put more  smiley 😃 icons on anyone more than on you , plus you have a good experience with Toyota cars and sharing valued information. Keep up the good work 😉👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aww shucks, that's very kind of you to say! I feel all embarrassed now! :blush: :laugh: 

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

Aww shucks, that's very kind of you to say! I feel all embarrassed now! :blush: :laugh: 

No mate, exactly opposite, just keep it up 👍 I always like to read your posts. You should be proud instead 👌

• Thanks 1

I am sitting at 58mpg in my RAV4 since last fill up.

Really pleased with this considering it's weight and it's 2.5litre ice 👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2022 at 10:35 PM, isnsiie said:

just few days ago, my 2016 got 54mpg after drive 100mile on motorway with AC on full tank.

I tried turn off the ECO mode for 2 weeks, the best mpg is now come up to 64.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links