Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2012 Hybrid T Spirit

Bruce Lea

Just done a search: 3 on motors.co.uk; 11 on Autotrader; etc.

3 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Just done a search: 3 on motors.co.uk; 11 on Autotrader; etc.

Thanks, looking for 2012 shape, nearly all are close to £10k for a 2012 reg with under 100k mileage, very exoensive for a 12 year old car, what might do these cars do realistically?

The restricted supply of new cars due to the continuing effects of Covid, semiconductor shortages, the situation in the Ukraine, etc, etc, which has led to delivery delays, has increased both demand and prices of used cars. Plus the increased cost of fuel, cost of living, etc, has meant more demand for economical vehicles, etc. 

So probably £10K is realistic for these in the current market.

About 18-24 months ago i was looking at a 65 plate excel auris hybrid. It was going for 9k with 60-70k mileage. 

My Yaris cost more on auto trader now than I paid for it over 4 years ago, it's crazy. I normally buy used after it has took a big chunk of depreciation, but this time i'm buying a new Yaris due to used car price going crazy. As well it means my one has gone up to offset the new car price. 

Excel £11k you might as well go for something at this price. 

• Like 1

We sold one of ours in superb condition 12 plate with 60k miles for £5500 and a year later these cars went almost double. But who knew this will happen. Money has lost their value and even a new car was a good investment. I have one that nobody wants now but I don’t mind keep driving it 👌😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Alas all the hybrids have always been in high demand - They already held their value far better than normal petrol or diesel cars, but the ULEZ and demonization of diesel has created even more demand for them as people are forced to switch cars but want something comparable in running costs to their old diesels. Combine that with the used car market going bananas and it's just not a great time to buy a used car right now as it's really a sellers market, but sometimes you don't have a choice... :sad: 

If you can wait for things to get saner than I'd recommend it, otherwise all I can do is wish you good luck...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links