Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheel arch

Max_Headroom

12 hours ago, MikeSh said:

You'd be amazed at how crud and damp can get into enclosed spaces. That liner is probably just helping to retain a thick layer of salty dirt and stopping the area from ever drying out, thus creating more of a corrosion risk than an open sill (which gets a bit of a flush out in wet weather and dries when it's warm).

Some of this stuff is counter-intuitive.

Oh, for sure, I'm fully aware. Hence I mentioned it. However, the metal work is very well sealed from factory and it is galvanised. The liner does prevent the constant pummelling of grit which is what punctures the paint. With these modern cars I'm happier to take on the role of a 'normal' user and just use the car.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, APS said:

Oh, for sure, I'm fully aware. Hence I mentioned it. However, the metal work is very well sealed from factory and it is galvanised. The liner does prevent the constant pummelling of grit which is what punctures the paint. With these modern cars I'm happier to take on the role of a 'normal' user and just use the car.

Agreed 👍 

Here my auris arch as good as Lexus. However years of use and salt abuse from the motorway has its tool, rust started to appear top end , lower end all good for now with small yellow marks only. 😉

88F01A0D-1632-4921-A0A2-16AC58395014.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Agreed 👍 

Here my auris arch as good as Lexus. However years of use and salt abuse from the motorway has its tool, rust started to appear top end , lower end all good for now with small yellow marks only. 😉

88F01A0D-1632-4921-A0A2-16AC58395014.jpeg

I am a little surprised. But still, after 12 years and - how many miles again? - that could certainly have been a lot worse. That rust is also likely to only spread very slowly. For those of us who remember cars from the olden days, where it was quite normal for a car to show signs of significant rust after only a year or two, we can really appreciate how far things have improved.

Nice work on the painting. Looks very health and loved 🙂 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, APS said:

I am a little surprised. But still, after 12 years and - how many miles again? - that could certainly have been a lot worse. That rust is also likely to only spread very slowly. For those of us who remember cars from the olden days, where it was quite normal for a car to show signs of significant rust after only a year or two, we can really appreciate how far things have improved.

Nice work on the painting. Looks very health and loved 🙂 

Thank you👍
 You are right, the cars has much improved over the years. Actually if no salt during winter cars can lasts ages without any rust, I have seen a man from Greece on YouTube he does videos about Corolla 2010 that has no rust at all and even the suspension parts and bolts has new appearance with only some dust on them , but it’s very different climate there. My one it’s an elderly lady now, she has 224000 miles 🛣🏁

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

My one it’s an elderly lady now, she has 224000 miles 🛣🏁

I'd call it middle aged. Plenty of life left in her. I'm sure it can do the same distance again.

We had one exactly like yours from new, registered in Oct 2010. We only did 135k in that. The problems we had with that was; (the usual) exhaust shield rattle, the horn (of all things) stopped working, and one wheel bearing was on its way out when we sold it. That's it. Just kept going. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, APS said:

I'd call it middle aged. Plenty of life left in her. I'm sure it can do the same distance again.

We had one exactly like yours from new, registered in Oct 2010. We only did 135k in that. The problems we had with that was; (the usual) exhaust shield rattle, the horn (of all things) stopped working, and one wheel bearing was on its way out when we sold it. That's it. Just kept going. 

Thanks, yea they are good cars 👍 I went through same issues, but that’s nothing in comparison with other cars . 👌

• Like 1

Our 2003 Yaris (Japan build) had  rear wheelarches lose their paint after about 15 years. I used Dinitrol 4941 - thick black goo - which is flexible.

Still solid. Waxoil does not last in spray areas.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links