Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How do you get rid of stress?

tonnyhigh

1 hour ago, PCM said:

Some very profound words on this thread.

Thank you.

( It's nice when one feels 'not alone'. )

Yes , it's good to receive a kind word or action,it goes a long way.

As it also good to feel that someone empathises and understands that not everyone has a easy time of it, although only words on a screen.

I compare it with when out and about driving, when another driver forgives a small mistake on the road with patience and wave of acknowledgment ,or lets me out of a side road in a traffic queue ,it generates similar courtesy to others.

Of course, the other side is not so good, with outright bad drivers and their road rage, blaming others for their own mistakes , mercifully quite rare on the roads I usually travel on nowadays.

Although what it's like on the major roads and motorways now, I don't know.

Hopefully the good ones outnumber the bad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It does fluctuate a lot - Sometimes everyone's a saint, lets people out, doesn't hold others up, waits patiently etc.

Other days it seems like every impatient honking smeg pot is out on the road :laugh: 

Today was a bit of a mixed bag - Worst offender was a grey van that was literally weaving across 4 lanes back and forth on the M25 at 80+ mph to get past slower cars in all the lanes (For some reason everyone was doing 50-55mph with massive gaps between them when I merged?? It was raining, but not that hard so not sure why...) then panic-braked after sweeping into lane 4 for the 4-5th time as he came to a camera gantry and was almost rear-ended by a white van who was also speeding :laugh: 

As usual I had lane 1 almost completely to myself so got a good view of everything unfolding :laugh: 

• Like 6

50-55mph to save fuel. 

This ever increasing in cost of living is biting a lot of people hard. I have to adapt to that, by buying less high quality food items. 

• Like 2

Somehow missed your post until today Cyker.

Sounds to me like things around there have not changed much since my whizzing round the M25 and M4 in the 80s.

I used to drive in from Sonning common most days to West Drayton in one of those Volvos with the huge rubber bumpers.

Which was handy,as I lost count of the times someone bumped in the rear in the daily queues on the M4.

My way of relieving the stress in those days was to stop off in Henley on the way home and have a pint of breakspears and a snack in the pub at the bridge, and look at the boats passing on old father Thames.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Somehow missed your post until today Cyker.

Sounds to me like things around there have not changed much since my whizzing round the M25 and M4 in the 80s.

I used to drive in from Sonning common most days to West Drayton in one of those Volvos with the huge rubber bumpers.

Which was handy,as I lost count of the times someone bumped in the rear in the daily queues on the M4.

My way of relieving the stress in those days was to stop off in Henley on the way home and have a pint of breakspears and a snack in the pub at the bridge, and look at the boats passing on old father Thames.

I Remember big bumpers we had a 740GL volvo. It needed a bag of sand in the back to steady the rear end. Nice car but didn't keep it long.😃

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mojo1010 said:

50-55mph to save fuel. 

This ever increasing in cost of living is biting a lot of people hard. I have to adapt to that, by buying less high quality food items. 

Aye Mojo, the price of food is rising so fast it nearly makes my head spin.🤯

Now I like high quality food too, and as I can't get out and about much now, it is one of the few pleasures that I can still enjoy.

Not because I am well off, far from it .

But being retired I do have time to search out the best offers on the good stuff, for instance the other week at Waitrose, they had Aberdeen Angus fillet steak at half price on the fresh counter,then another 20% off that with the my Waitrose card.

So a nice bit of steak,cooks in a few mins for around £3.

Then there is a M&S food hall down this end of town on the wrong side of the tracks,if I have any steam left after 5pm, rare but if I do,then the yellow stickered stuff can be drastically reduced, like the Ceasar salad with fresh Ceasars in it reduced from £3.50 to a pound.

I avoid takeaways like the plague as round here they are horrible and expensive, ready meals are sometimes handy if I have a bad day, but I think that there is a real niche market here,as most of them are pretty poor, even from the better brands.

I don't know what you have round your way, or if you are retired and have time to do this foraging around for bargains.

Not a food snob though, I am just as happy with Lidl frikadellas with saurkraut and boiled spuds which can be done for a quid for a generous plateful.

Forgive me if I am preaching to the converted, you may know all about this anyway.🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bper said:

I Remember big bumpers we had a 740GL volvo. It needed a bag of sand in the back to steady the rear end. Nice car but didn't keep it long.😃

I think the one I had,a company car, was a 240 GL, an X reg if I remember.

High mileage when I got it,as the boss had just got a BMW 5 series, and it replaced the Cortina mk 5 that I had been driving.

But it was completely reliable and built in the heavy tank way of the Volvos of the day.

• Like 2

Most of us are watching how much we spend nowadays, it's more important than ever to seek out promotional deals to keep cost down. I have been shopping at Lidl/Aldi for the best part of 15 years. 

Am far from retirement age, I hope my investments gets a good return in the next 3-5 years so I can semi retire! 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Shopping at Lidl and Aldi can definitely help keep costs down, and it's great that you've been doing it for 15 years!
It's also important to think about your financial future and plan for retirement. I hope your investments do well and you're able to semi-retire in the next 3-5 years!

• Like 3

Stress relief - take mother in law back to her home. 

• Haha 5

The difference between inlaws and outlaws??

Outlaws are wanted 😁

• Haha 6

On 10/6/2022 at 11:53 AM, Composite Guru said:

I make scale models to take my mind away from the real world. It requires so much concentration all the things around you just disappear. 

DEBEEA54-1EE0-42C5-ADD3-2B335A7E2AA3.jpeg

What kit is that? 

• Like 2

Visited Wakehurst place a couple of weeks ago. 

IMG_4235.JPG

IMG_4201.JPG

IMG_4184.JPG

IMG_4179.JPG

IMG_4178.JPG

IMG_4152.JPG

IMG_4148.JPG

IMG_4153.JPG

IMG_4177.JPG

IMG_4243.JPG

• Like 3

On 5/9/2023 at 9:16 PM, Roy124 said:

Stress relief - take mother in law back to her home. 

Got back Wednesday evening, both sat reading quietly, TV off, cup of tea and glass of wine. 😁

• Like 3

Still playing with my computer art but now worried I may not get the new engine to fit in the Aygo.

image.thumb.jpeg.1d67e63c71a504c52e4586ea3ccef3f8.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@Mojo1010 - Those are some gorgeous pictures :thumbsup: 

@Hornet3D - I know the turbo kits for Aygos are hard to find now but that's taking it a bit far!!! :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/9/2023 at 3:24 PM, ganeshgupta6 said:

Shopping at Lidl and Aldi can definitely help keep costs down, and it's great that you've been doing it for 15 years!
It's also important to think about your financial future and plan for retirement. I hope your investments do well and you're able to semi-retire in the next 3-5 years!

BTW, if anyone reading this is struggling with addiction or mental health issues, I want to mention https://fherehab.com/learning/prolonged-trauma-and-c-ptsd/ as a resource for finding help and support.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 5/10/2023 at 9:43 AM, Roy124 said:

What kit is that? 

Sorry for the late reply. 
It’s the Hasegawa 1/16 kit. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links