Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Blowers not working Help!!

redmini963

My blowers have decided to stop working i have the climate ac/it all lights and displays as it should.

Went to check the fuse under the bonnet as it says there is a blower fuse but it seams to be in a block of 4 fuses any idea how they are removed?

Checked cabin fuse and that is fine.

Maybe just the motor gone any idea how easy it is to change?

Turn the blower on full and give the blower motor a few taps - make sure you have it in manual mode, not auto

System test

With the ignition off - press and hold the Auto and Recirculation buttons and turn the ignition on - hold the 2 buttons until the display/controls flashes 4 times - it then goes into sensor check mode it will then display a 2 digit code, if it has more than one code it will show them one after the other - if it shows 00 no codes are stored

if you have codes, post them here

PS. remove and inspect the cabin filter, i have seen cars that have never had the filter changed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

Turn the blower on full and give the blower motor a few taps - make sure you have it in manual mode, not auto

System test

With the ignition off - press and hold the Auto and Recirculation buttons and turn the ignition on - hold the 2 buttons until the display/controls flashes 4 times - it then goes into sensor check mode it will then display a 2 digit code, if it has more than one code it will show them one after the other - if it shows 00 no codes are stored

if you have codes, post them here

PS. remove and inspect the cabin filter, i have seen cars that have never had the filter changed

Thanks for your response have done the system test came up 00

Cabin filter not long changed.

When you say gibe the blower motor a tap do i need to take the dash apart much to get to it? I have the sat nav screen fitted to mine if that makes a difference.

It's a bit buried on the IQ

access is from the driver's side lower panel

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, flash22 said:

It's a bit buried on the IQ

access is from the driver's side lower panel

Thanks ill have a look tomorrow in the day light

It's located on the driver's side of the heater box near the firewall

Borrowed from another thread

IMG_0882.jpeg.a27a241c7107b017a20bf0088f

If you are looking for used parts the auto A/C uses a 3 pin fan connector

• Like 1

still now luck but unable to get the fuse out is there a technique to removing the larger fuse don't want to damage anything.  

If it's a large square fuse, usually you can pop the cover off to check them, they are a pig to remove

40a (Green) - 90982-08291

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links